WannaCry Decryptor Removal Guide (Uninstall WannaCry Decryptor)
Mamba is a new ransomware type of virus that can do a lot of damage by encrypting disks, instead of just files, which is usual ransomware behavior. In that way, it’s quite similar to Petya ransomware. Once WannaCry Decryptor is on your device, it will encrypt your disk and when the process is complete, you will see a ransom note saying you need to contact the hackers in order to decrypt the disk. There’s not much information on the note itself, so presumably if you contact them, they will tell you how much to pay and then give you the decryption key.
While what Mamba virus does is unusual, it spreads much the same way as most ransomware, by spam emails, suspicious ads and rogue domains. While paying seems like a tempting option, we suggest you refrain from doing so and delete WannaCry Decryptor instead.
How did I get infected with WannaCry Decryptor
In short, spam email. Spam emails with suspicious attachments are nothing new and have been around to infect users with malware for years. The way it does that is simple. You get a suspicious email, download the attachment and that’s it, you’re now infected. You won’t even notice how it infects your computer and the next thing you know, your whole disk has been encrypted. This is what happens with WannaCry Decryptor. Do not open suspicious spam emails, or you’ll end up losing your files and having to remove WannaCry Decryptor and similar pc threats.
Getting infected with WannaCry Decryptor can also be blamed on visiting rogue domains that are full of malware. By visiting such a page you are putting your personal information in jeopardy and risking getting infected by a serious virus. Ads can do the same thing, by clicking on an ad or a pop up, you can be led to a rogue website.
What does WannaCry Decryptor do
Once on your device, Mamba virus uses the tool DiscoCryptor to encrypt your disk. When it has done that, your computer will be locked and a ransom note will be displayed. As mentioned previously, there’s not much information on the note, except an email address the victims should use to contact the hackers. We strongly advise you not to do so. Even if you pay the ransom, the hackers are not obligated to give you the decryption key. And they most likely will not. Your best bet is to delete WannaCry Decryptor as soon as possible.
WannaCry Decryptor removal
In order to remove WannaCry Decryptor, we advise you to use anti-malware software. You can erase WannaCry Decryptor manually, but by doing so you are risking damaging your computer further. Instructions on Mamba removal will be provided below.
Unfortunately, there currently is no way to recover the lost data without the key. But, in case this were to happen again, we strongly recommend you have backup for all you files.
Steps to remove WannaCry Decryptor from Your Computer
- Step 1 How to delete WannaCry Decryptor from Windows?
- Step 2 How to remove WannaCry Decryptor from web browsers?
- Step 3 How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete WannaCry Decryptor from Windows?
a) Remove WannaCry Decryptor related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on WannaCry Decryptor related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall WannaCry Decryptor related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select WannaCry Decryptor related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete WannaCry Decryptor related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select WannaCry Decryptor related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove WannaCry Decryptor from web browsers?
a) Erase WannaCry Decryptor from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase WannaCry Decryptor and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate WannaCry Decryptor from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate WannaCry Decryptor
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete WannaCry Decryptor from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate WannaCry Decryptor and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari…
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.