About this threat
Utopia.net is a reroute virus that is responsible for the undesirable modifications performed to your machine. Users don’t set up the reroute virus voluntarily and most of the time, they are not even aware of how it happened. Redirect viruses are adjoined to freeware, and this is called packaging. It will not directly harm your system as it’s not believed to be malware. Take into consideration, however, that you could be redirected to promoted pages, as the redirect virus aims to create pay-per-click income. Those web pages won’t always secure so if you were to enter a dangerous portal, you might end up contaminating your device with malware. We don’t suggest keeping it as it is pretty useless to you. You must remove Utopia.net since it does not belong on your PC.
Download Removal Toolto remove Utopia.net
How are browser intruders generally installed
You might not know that added offers come with free programs. The list includes adware, browser hijackers and other kinds of unwanted applications. You might only check for extra offers in Advanced (Custom) settings so choose those settings to evade installing all types of not wanted clutter. Advanced mode will permit you to inspect if anything has been attached, and if there is, you will be able to uncheck it. You will set them up automatically if you use Default settings because they fail to inform you of anything attached, which allows those items to set up. Now that it’s clear how it entered your machine, uninstall Utopia.net.
Why must I uninstall Utopia.net?
Don’t be shocked to see your browser’s settings modified the moment it manages to infiltrates your computer. The hijacker’s promoted site will be set to load as your homepage. All leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will be affected. And unless you first abolish Utopia.net, you may not be able to undo the setting modifications. Your new homepage will be advertising a search engine, and we don’t suggest using as it will expose you to plenty of sponsored results, in order to reroute you. Browser hijackers carry out those reroutes to strange web pages because the more traffic the website gets, the more revenue owners get. You will quickly grow tired of the reroute virus as it will constantly reroute you to odd sites. It must be said that the reroutes won’t only be bothersome but also somewhat harmful. You may be led to some damaging web page, where malicious program could be lurking, by those reroutes. To block a much more severe contamination, uninstall Utopia.net from your machine.
If you’re an inexperienced user, it would be easiest for you to employ spyware elimination applications to uninstall Utopia.net. Going with manual Utopia.net removal means you will have to identify the hijacker yourself. We will supply instructions to help you erase Utopia.net in case you cannot find it.Download Removal Toolto remove Utopia.net
Learn how to remove Utopia.net from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Utopia.net from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Utopia.net from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Utopia.net from Windows?
a) Remove Utopia.net related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Utopia.net related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Utopia.net related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Utopia.net related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Utopia.net related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Utopia.net related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Utopia.net from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Utopia.net. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Utopia.net from web browsers?
a) Erase Utopia.net from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Utopia.net and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Utopia.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Utopia.net
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Utopia.net from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Utopia.net and choose a new provider
d) Remove Utopia.net from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.