What type of infection are you dealing with
TopStreamsSearch is classified as a redirect virus, and it possibly came with a application package. The reason you have a redirect virus on your PC is because you didn’t notice it adjoined to some software that you installed. Such threats are why you should pay attention to what kind of applications you install, and how you do it. Hijackers are not considered to be dangerous but their behavior does raise a few questions. The redirect virus will perform modifications to your browser’s settings so that its advertised sites is set as your home web page and new tabs. Your search engine will also be changed, and it could insert advertisement links among the real results. You’re redirected so that the website owners could make money from traffic and adverts. Some of those reroutes may lead to unsafe pages, so you could accidentally get a malicious software. And you don’t want to get malware as it would be a much more serious. You might believe browser redirects are beneficial plug-ins but you can find the same features in proper plug-ins, ones that won’t pose a threat to your system. You won’t necessarily see this but redirect viruses are following your activity and gathering information so that more customized sponsored content may be created. It would not be strange if that data was sold to third-parties too. And the quicker you uninstall TopStreamsSearch, the better.
Download Removal Toolto remove TopStreamsSearch
What does it do
A lot of users are not aware of this but hijackers frequently come together with freeware. Since they’re pretty intrusive and annoying infections, we highly doubt you got it willingly. If users started paying closer attention to how they install applications, these threats would not spread so widely. To stop their installation, they must be deselected, but since they are hiding, you might not notice them if you rush. Don’t decide Default mode because they won’t authorize you to deselect anything. Instead, opt for Advanced or Custom settings as they will display the offers and allow you to uncheck them. If you do not wish to deal with persistent unknown programs, make sure you always uncheck the items. All you have to do is uncheck the offers that appear, and you may then continue installing the freeware. We don’t think you want to be spending time trying to deal with it, so it would be best if you blocked the threat in the first place. Reconsider what sources you use to get your programs because by using untrustworthy sites, you risk infecting your device with malicious software.
Whether you are a computer-savvy person or not, you will know when a browser redirect is installed. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be changed without your explicit permission, and it is unlikely that you would miss that. Main browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will probably be affected. And until you erase TopStreamsSearch from the device, you will be stuck with the website loading every time you open your browser. Do not waste time trying to modify the settings back since the hijacker will simply reverse your modifications. If your search engine is modified, every time you perform a search via browser’s address bar or the provided search box, you’d get doubtful results. Clicking on any of those results is not encouraged since you will be rerouted to advertisement links. Site owners occasionally implement hijackers to boost traffic and earn more money, which is why you are rerouted. When there are more visitors to engage with adverts, owners can make more profit. It is often that those sites do not actually have anything to do with what you are were initially looking for. Some of the results might seem legitimate at first but if you pay attention, you ought to be able to tell the difference. Be cautious as some of those pages might even be malware-ridden. Another thing you ought to know is that these types of infections snoop on you so as to get info about what websites you’re more likely to enter and what you tend to search for most. The acquired data may be used to make advertisements that are more relevant to the user, if third-parties get access to it. Or the redirect virus would use it to create sponsored results that are more customized. You should uninstall TopStreamsSearch, and if you’re still considering leaving it, reread this paragraph again. Don’t forget to modify your browser’s settings back to normal after the elimination process is finished.
How to uninstall TopStreamsSearch
It’s best if you take care of the contamination as soon as you notice it, so delete TopStreamsSearch. There are two options when it comes to getting rid of this contamination, whether you pick by hand or automatic ought to depend on how much computer experience you posses. Keep in mind that you’ll have to find where the browser hijacker is concealed yourself if you opt for the former method. If you’re unsure of how to proceed, scroll down to the instructions. The instructions are provided in a clear and accurate manner so you should be able to follow them accordingly. If you have a hard time with the guidelines, or if you are otherwise struggling with the process, consider opting for the other option. In that case, download anti-spyware software, and have it dispose of the infection. Anti-spyware software will spot the threat and have no issues dealing with it. Try modifying your browser’s settings, if what you alter is not nullified, the threat should no longer be present. If the browser hijacker’s site continues to appear, you must have missed something and the redirect virus still remains. If you don’t want this to occur again, install programs correctly. If you have good computer habits now, you will be thankful later.Download Removal Toolto remove TopStreamsSearch
Learn how to remove TopStreamsSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete TopStreamsSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove TopStreamsSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete TopStreamsSearch from Windows?
a) Remove TopStreamsSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on TopStreamsSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall TopStreamsSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select TopStreamsSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete TopStreamsSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select TopStreamsSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove TopStreamsSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including TopStreamsSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove TopStreamsSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase TopStreamsSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase TopStreamsSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate TopStreamsSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate TopStreamsSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete TopStreamsSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate TopStreamsSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove TopStreamsSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.