What type of threat are you dealing with
Thewowfeed.com will alter your browser’s settings which is why it is categorized as a hijacker. The infection was most likely attached to a freeware as an additional item, and because you didn’t unmark it, it was authorized to install. These types of infections are why it is crucial that you pay attention to what programs you install, and how you do it. Browser hijackers aren’t exactly malicious but their activity does raise a few questions. You’ll notice that instead of the normal homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page. It will change your search engine, which could be able to insert advertisement links among the legitimate results. This is done so that the hijacker could reroute you to sponsored websites, and the page owners can make revenue from traffic and advertisements. Some people end up with malware via these kinds of redirects since some browser hijackers are able to reroute to malicious program-ridden pages. And could cause much more harm compared to this infection. Browser redirects like to pretend they have beneficial features but you could find trustworthy extensions doing the same thing, which will not reroute you to random malware. You will not always notice this but redirect viruses are tracking your activity and collecting information so that more personalized sponsored content could be made. Furthermore, problematic third-parties may be granted access to that info. And the quicker you remove Thewowfeed.com, the better.
Download Removal Toolto remove Thewowfeed.com
What you need to know about these infections
You likely got the hijacker was through freeware installation. It’s dubious that users would pick to install them knowingly, so free application packages is the most feasible method. This method is effective because users are somewhat negligent when they install freeware, instead, opting to hurry and not read the information that is provided. To prevent their installation, they need to be deselected, but since they’re hiding, they might not be noticed if you rush. By opting Default mode, you might be allowing authorizing the installation of all types of unwanted programs, so it would be best if you opted out of using them. Ensure you always pick Advanced or Custom settings, as only there will extra items become visible. Unchecking all the boxes is suggested if you wish to stop unfamiliar software installations. After you deselect all the items, you can continue installing the freeware. Even though they are low-level threats, they take some time to deal with and can be complex to get rid of, so we encourage you prevent their infection initially. You’re also suggested to not download from questionable sources as you can easily acquire malicious software this way.
You will see immediately if you unintentionally infected your machine with a browser redirect. Your search engine, new tabs and homepage will be changed to a different page, and the browser hijacker will not need your permission to carry out those changes. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be included in the list of browsers altered. The web page will greet you every time you launch your browser, and this will continue until you delete Thewowfeed.com from your device. Don’t waste time attempting to change the settings back because the redirect virus will just overrule your changes. There’s also a possibility that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar, results would come not from the search engine you set but from the hijacker’s advertised one. Because the threat’s primary purpose is to redirect you, it is likely you will come across sponsored content in the results. Hijackers will lead to questionable pages as their goal is to help owners make money. Owners will be able to earn more profit when their sites have more traffic as more users are likely to interact with advertisements. If you press on those pages, you will be taken to pages with no relation to what you were searching for, where you will see no appropriate data. In some cases, they could look legitimate, so for example if you were to search for something ambiguous, like ‘anti-virus’ or ‘computer’, results leading to dubious web pages could come up but you wouldn’t notice in the beginning. During one these reroutes you might even acquire an infection, since those sites may be malware-ridden. In addition, the hijacker may also be following your Internet usage and collecting certain type of data about you. You should to find out if the gathered info would be sold to third-parties, who might use it to personalize adverts. If not, the hijacker may be using it to make more customized sponsored content. It is clear the hijacker doesn’t belong on your OS, so uninstall Thewowfeed.com. You need to also reverse the changed settings after you have completed the process.
Ways to remove Thewowfeed.com
Even if it is not the most serious infection you could get, but it could still be pretty annoying, so if you simply erase Thewowfeed.com everything should go back to usual. Depending on how much knowledge you have about computers, you can pick from by hand and automatic methods to rid the hijacker from your PC. If you opt to go with the former, you’ll have to find the threat yourself. The process itself shouldn’t be too difficult, although it can be more time-consuming than you may have initially thought, but you’re welcome to use the below provided guidelines. The instructions are quite understandable so you ought to be able to follow them accordingly. If you have a hard time with the guidelines, or if you are otherwise struggling with the process, consider picking the other method. In that case, obtain spyware removal software, and dispose of the threat using it. The software will look for the threat on your system and once it discovers it, you just need to give it authorization to dispose of the reroute virus. Try to change your browser’s settings, if you are successful, it means you gotten rid of the infection. If the reroute virus’s web page still loads, you must have not seen something and didn’t completely terminate the threat. Do your best to stop unnecessary software from installing in the future, and that means you should be more attentive about how you install software. If you possess good computer habits, you will prevent a lot of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove Thewowfeed.com
Learn how to remove Thewowfeed.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Thewowfeed.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Thewowfeed.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Thewowfeed.com from Windows?
a) Remove Thewowfeed.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Thewowfeed.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Thewowfeed.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Thewowfeed.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Thewowfeed.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Thewowfeed.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Thewowfeed.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Thewowfeed.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Thewowfeed.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Thewowfeed.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Thewowfeed.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Thewowfeed.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Thewowfeed.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Thewowfeed.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Thewowfeed.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Thewowfeed.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.