What is Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads
Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads is categorized as a browser hijacker, mainly because it takes over browsers and performs changes to them. It’ll change your homepage, new tabs and search engine, and then try to redirect you. Because hijackers don’t need explicit permission to carry out these changes nor do they even notify users about them, users are usually caught off guard when they see. Even if hijackers aren’t especially dangerous infections, they are certainly aggravating because of the redirects to random pages and their performed modifications. This behaviour is also what gives the hijacker’s installation away. Users not seeing that something’s not right when they’re redirected is doubtful. However, users might not think of the behaviour as worrisome and leave the hijacker installed if they’re not familiar with what hijackers are.
The purpose of hijackers is generating traffic and profit, which is why you end up on those sponsored sites. The websites you are redirected to might be dangerous, so be careful. The page you end up on could easily expose you to malware or may trick you into falling for a scam.
While hijackers are not malicious software, they don’t ask for your explicit authorization to install. Software bundling is what this method is known as. Bundling programs is basically adding hijackers, adware, etc, to free software as additional offers. The reason software bundling is so problematic is because whatever is added is set to install alongside. Users are rarely aware of those items since they’re concealed, meaning they can’t deselect them. If you carry on reading, we’ll clarify how to stop the installations of those unnecessary offers.
Hijacker distribution methods
A browser hijacker cannot install by itself since it’s not malware. Usually, users are essentially fooled into allowing the hijacker’s installation. This happens because hijackers are attached to freeware as extra offers and this permits them to install alongside. The items will be hidden unless users pick specific settings when installing free software. Programs available on those free download websites will normally have something added to them. Thus if you often download freeware, learn how to prevent the added offers from installing.
When installing free software in the future, use Advanced (Custom) settings. By choosing those settings, not only will you be able to view what has been attached, but you’ll also have the option of deselecting all of them. Default settings, although supposedly recommended, will conceal the items and allow their installation without your authorisation. If in Advanced you see any added offers, unmark its/their box(es).
Paying attention is essential, whatever is being installed. We also suggest avoiding downloading from websites that are hosting dubious content. Pay attention to how you install applications, otherwise your PC will be filled with junk. And stopping junk from installing initially is much less time-consuming compared to having to delete them once they’re installed.
Could Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads cause damage
The hijacker’s installation is not noticeable but it’s very noticeable once it is installed. Mainly since it changes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox settings. The hijacker will set the page it’s sponsoring as your homepage and new tabs, which means the web page will load whenever you launch your browser. Not seeing something so big would be unusual. In addition to this, your browser will also have a different search engine. Your browser will redirect you to an odd site and display changed search results when you search through your browser address bar. The hijackers can perform these changes without requiring your authorisation, and may be difficult to undo until the hijacker is deleted.
Be careful about which results you press on because sponsored websites will possibly be included among them. For revenue purposes, hijackers redirect users by injecting those sponsored websites. The pages you’re led to could be harboring malware or advertising some sort of scam. Those results will probably have nothing to do with your searches so differentiating between them and legitimates ones will not be hard.
Users ought to immediately remove the hijackers because of these unnecessary modifications and redirects. Hijackers do not display any obvious harmful behaviour so users commonly don’t rush to remove them. Hijackers are even allowed to stay permanently by some users. That isn’t suggested since hijackers can expose you to threats that are much more severe without you even knowing it.
It is usually the case that hijackers record information about what you do on the internet. It’ll record searches, what websites you visit, what adverts you click on, your IP address, etc. The hijacker would probably share the information with unfamiliar third-parties.
How to uninstall Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads
To delete Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads, you’re strongly recommended to use spyware removal software. Hijackers are quite persistent, and incorrectly removing them could allow their recovery. If you use anti-spyware software, it would uninstall Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads completely, meaning there would be no leftover files.
Once you delete the hijacker you you ought to be able to alter your browser’s settings easily. And in the future, be careful with how you install software.Download Removal Toolto remove Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads
Learn how to remove Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from Windows?
a) Remove Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from web browsers?
a) Erase Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads and choose a new provider
d) Remove Thenicenewz.com pop-up ads from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.