What kind of infection are you dealing with
TheConverterSearch will alter your browser’s settings which is why it is thought to be a browser hijacker. You probably installed some kind of freeware recently, and it possibly had the hijacker added to it. These unwanted programs are why it is important that you pay attention to how applications are installed. TheConverterSearch is not a high-level threat but its activity will get on your nerves. Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be set to load the hijacker’s promoted web page instead of your normal site. Your search engine will also be different and it could inject advertisement links into results. If you press on one of those result, you will be led to weird pages, whose owners make revenue from boosted traffic. Not all of those reroutes will lead to safe sites, so be careful not to get a severe threat. Malware would be a much more severe threat so avoid it as much as possible. You might consider redirect viruses helpful but you could find the same features in real plug-ins, ones that will not pose a threat to your machine. More personalized content will also start appearing, and if you are wondering why, the browser redirect is following your browsing and collecting data about you. Or the information could end up with third-parties. If you wish to prevent it affecting your device further, you should promptly terminate TheConverterSearch.
Download Removal Toolto remove TheConverterSearch
What do I need to know about these infections
This might come as surprise but browser hijackers usually come together with freeware. We do not think that people would install them knowingly, so freeware packages is the most probable method. Because users don’t pay attention to how they install software, this method permits redirect viruses and similar threats to spread. In order t0 stop their installation, they must be unmarked, but since they’re concealed, you might not notice them if you rush. Opt out of using Default settings because they will authorize unfamiliar installations. Make sure you always pick Advanced or Custom settings, as the offers will be visible only there. You are suggested to unmark all the offers. And until you do, don’t continue with the freeware installation. Having to deal with these infections can be irritating so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort if you initially stopped them. Review what sources you use to download your software because by using untrustworthy sites, you are risking getting your operating system infected with malware.
How to terminate TheConverterSearch
While the contamination isn’t as severe as some others, we still encourage that you delete TheConverterSearch as quickly as possible. There are two options when it comes to disposing of this infection, whether you choose manual or automatic should depend on how much computer knowledge you have. You’ll have to find where the browser hijacker is hidden yourself if you pick the former method. While the process might be a bit more time-consuming than you expect, the process ought to be fairly simple, and to help you, we’ve presented guidelines below this report to assist you. If you follow them properly, you ought to not encounter issues. But, it might be too hard for those who have little computer experience. You may acquire anti-spyware software and have it take care of the threat for you. Anti-spyware software should be able to identify the threat and have no issues dealing with it. You may investigate whether you were successful by changing browser’s settings, if you are allowed to, the threat is gone. If the same web page keeps loading even after altering the settings, the reroute virus is still present. Now that you’ve realized the annoyance that is a browser hijacker, you should try to avoid them. Good computer habits can go a long way towards keeping a computer clean.Download Removal Toolto remove TheConverterSearch
Learn how to remove TheConverterSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete TheConverterSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove TheConverterSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete TheConverterSearch from Windows?
a) Remove TheConverterSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on TheConverterSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall TheConverterSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select TheConverterSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete TheConverterSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select TheConverterSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove TheConverterSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including TheConverterSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove TheConverterSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase TheConverterSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase TheConverterSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate TheConverterSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate TheConverterSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete TheConverterSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate TheConverterSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove TheConverterSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.