What kind of threat are you dealing with
Smoothreward.com virus hijacker could be to blame for the alterations made to your browser, and it must have infected your machine via freeware packages. You probably installed some type of free program recently, and it probably had the browser hijacker attached to it. It is crucial that you are attentive during software installation because if you are not, these types of threats will install again and again. This is not a severe threat but because of its unwanted activity, you will want to get rid of it as soon as possible. You will find that instead of the website that is set as your home website and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. It will change your search engine, which could inject advertisement content among the real results. You will be redirected to sponsored sites so that page owners can make money from boosted traffic. Do take into account that you can be redirected to infected pages, which could result in a malware. Malware would be more dangerous so avoid it as much as possible. You may find the browser redirect’s supplied features beneficial but you need to know that you could find reliable plug-ins with the same features, which don’t jeopardize your PC. You’ll see more customized content appearing, and if you are wondering why, the hijacker is following what your browse, so that it could know about your habits. It is possible that the info would be shared with third-parties as well. And that is why you should terminate Smoothreward.com virus the moment you encounter it.
Download Removal Toolto remove Smoothreward.com virus
What do I need to know about these threats
Free program bundles is the likely way you contaminated your device. It’s unlikely that you got it in any other way, as no one would install them knowingly. This method is effective because people do not pay attention during software installations, as in they rush and do not read the given data. In order t0 stop their installation, you need to unmark them, but because they’re concealed, you might not notice them by hurrying the process. Default settings will conceal the offers, and by opting for them, you might be risking installing all kinds of unnecessary threats. Choose Advanced (Custom) settings during installation, and you will see the attached offers. Unmarking all the offers would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unwanted installations. You should only continue installing the application after you uncheck everything. Initially blocking the threat can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later could be time-consuming and irritating. Reconsider what sources you use to acquire your applications because by using suspicious sites, you risk infecting your operating system with malware.
How to eliminate Smoothreward.com virus
Since you now realize how the contamination is affecting your operating system, proceed to terminate Smoothreward.com virus. You have two options when it comes to disposing of this contamination, whether you opt for manual or automatic ought to depend on how much computer experience you posses. Manual means you’ll have to find the contamination yourself. While the process could take more time than initially thought, the process ought to be fairly straightforward, and if you need help, we have presented instructions below this report to aid you. By following the guidelines, you shouldn’t have issues with getting rid of it. It shouldn’t be the first option for those who have no experience with computers, however. In that case, download spyware removal software, and dispose of the infection using it. Anti-spyware software should be able to identify the threat and have no problems dealing with it. If your browser allows you to reverse the modifications, you were successful in getting rid of the browser hijacker. The threat still remains if your browser keeps loading the hijacker’s page every time you open it. If you actually pay attention when installing programs, you will avoid these irritating situations in the future. In order to have a clean device, good habits are a must.Download Removal Toolto remove Smoothreward.com virus
Learn how to remove Smoothreward.com virus from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Smoothreward.com virus from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Smoothreward.com virus from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Smoothreward.com virus from Windows?
a) Remove Smoothreward.com virus related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Smoothreward.com virus related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Smoothreward.com virus related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Smoothreward.com virus related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Smoothreward.com virus related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Smoothreward.com virus related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Smoothreward.com virus from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Smoothreward.com virus. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Smoothreward.com virus from web browsers?
a) Erase Smoothreward.com virus from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Smoothreward.com virus and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Smoothreward.com virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Smoothreward.com virus
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Smoothreward.com virus from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Smoothreward.com virus and choose a new provider
d) Remove Smoothreward.com virus from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.