SlimCleaner Plus Removal Instructions
SlimCleaner Plus, also known as simply SlimCleaner, is a potentially unwanted application that belongs to SlimWare Utilities Holdings, Inc. It is advertised as an optimization tool that can clean your system by removing temporary files, history and other junk files that take up space and slow down your computer performance.
The utility is also supposed to increase the battery life of you mobile platforms, provide you with information about the software you have got installed on your PC, and more. Although the program can be downloaded from its official page, it also travels in freeware bundles. This means that you may have other unwanted apps in your system. We suggest that you remove SlimCleaner Plus along with them.
How does SlimCleaner Plus work?
As it has already been mentioned, the official page of the application is not the only way you can acquire it. It gets distributed bundled with freeware and shareware, which means that you could have installed it without even realizing it. Potentially unwanted programs often accompany free software. If you fail to notice them, you agree to their installation unwittingly. That may be how SlimCleaner Plus ended up in your system.Download Removal Toolto remove SlimCleaner Plus
The application is compatible with all Windows systems. Once it gets installed, it creates a registry entry that allows it to start automatically every time you turn on your computer. The main feature of the software is its scanner. It performs a system scan and shows you results claiming that multiple errors have been found on your PC and that you need to fix them as soon as possible. In order to do so, as you may have already guessed, you need to purchase the full version of the utility. It is clear that that was its main goal from the very beginning. You should not trust a product that uses scare tactics in order to persuade computer users into acquiring it. We advise that you delete SlimCleaner Plus from your computer.
How to remove SlimCleaner Plus?
Needless to say, we do not recommend purchasing the full version of the application. Not only will you waste your money on a questionable tool, but you will also share your personal details such as your email address, full name, postal code, etc. with unreliable parties. What you should do instead is terminate SlimCleaner Plus without further delay. Fortunately, you can uninstall SlimCleaner Plus manually via Control Panel. Instructions of manual removal are presented below and you are welcome to use them. Alternatively, you can implement a powerful anti-malware utility and erase SlimCleaner Plus automatically. The malware remover will not only delete SlimCleaner Plus and other potential threats, but it will also help you keep your PC safe and protected in the future by providing it with real-time online protection.
Learn how to remove SlimCleaner Plus from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete SlimCleaner Plus from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove SlimCleaner Plus from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete SlimCleaner Plus from Windows?
a) Remove SlimCleaner Plus related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on SlimCleaner Plus related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall SlimCleaner Plus related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select SlimCleaner Plus related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete SlimCleaner Plus related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select SlimCleaner Plus related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove SlimCleaner Plus from web browsers?
a) Erase SlimCleaner Plus from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase SlimCleaner Plus and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate SlimCleaner Plus from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate SlimCleaner Plus
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete SlimCleaner Plus from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate SlimCleaner Plus and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari…
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.