Searchkey APP virus is browser hijacker that will change your browser’s settings
Searchkey APP virus will alter your browser’s settings, hence the categorization browser hijacker. The hijacker will basically hijack your browser, and by that we mean it will set its promoted website as your homepage, new tabs and search engine so it could carry out redirects. It wouldn’t be surprising if you were bewildered by the changes to your browser, seeing as they are performed without explicit permission. Because of the changes and the redirects, hijackers are especially annoying. This behaviour is also why users see them. Being randomly redirected will certainly catch users’ attention. Nevertheless, not all users will be aware they are dealing with a hijacker and overlook the behaviour, if they are not aware of them.
The main goal of a hijacker to generate traffic and revenue, hence they redirect you to those sponsored pages. You may be redirected to harmful web pages, so we suggest you be wary. The page you end up on could easily expose you to malware or may scam you.
The hijacker is sly and it won’t ask for explicit permission to install. For this kind of installation, hijackers use method referred to as software bundling. Freeware has additional offers like adware, browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs attached. The reason software bundling is so problematic is because whatever is added is set to install alongside. Since users are rarely made aware of the offers, they generally can’t uncheck the offers. Preventing the installation of these unnecessary items is not hard as long as you know how, and it will be explained if you continue reading.
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchkey APP virus
Hijacker distribution methods
Because hijackers aren’t malware, they aren’t distributed via the same methods as malware. It’s not uncommon for users to unintentionally install the hijackers themselves. This happens because hijackers come attached to free software as extra items and install alongside the program. Users need to choose certain settings during freeware installations in order to even view what has been added. Offers such as hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) will be attached to most of the programs you get from those free download sites. It’s important to learn how unwanted installations are stopped for users who download free software on a regular basis.
It’s important that you pick Advanced (Custom) settings when installing free software. You’ll not only be able to see all attached items but also deselect everything. On the other hand, Default settings will conceal the items. Unchecking the offer’s box is sufficient to prevent its installation if you notice anything added during setup.
It is important that you are attentive, no matter what type of application you are installing. It’s also suggested to avoid downloading from web pages that are hosting suspicious applications. Your PC can quickly get filled with junk if you’re not paying attention. You will have a much easier time stopping unnecessary programs from installing in the beginning, than actually attempting to remove them.
How dangerous is Searchkey APP virus
While it is not pretty noticeable when it is installing, the hijacker is very obvious once it’s installed. Whichever browser you’re using (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox), the hijacker will make unnecessary modifications to it. Every time your browser is opened, the hijacker’s promoted page will load because it will be set as the homepage and new tab. These are big and noticeable changes, so we doubt you wouldn’t see. Your browser will also have a different search engine. You’ll be redirected to an odd site and shown changed search results when you search via your browser address bar. These changes, which the hijacker performed without your permission, might be hard to reverse while the hijacker remains installed.
Sponsored sites will be included in the results, and some might be malicious. In order to generate revenue, hijackers redirect users by inserting those sponsored sites. One wrong click could redirect to a page promoting scams or malware. But those results will mainly have little to do with your searches so you will be able to differentiate them easily.
The changes done to your browser and the redirects are reason enough to remove hijackers. But hijackers are often not uninstalled for some time because users do not see them as harmful. Furthermore, there are users who don’t remove them at all. Hijackers, while not dangerous by themselves, can expose users to possibly harmful content, which is why the quicker you uninstall them, the better.
We should also inform you that hijackers spy on you and collect data related to your activities. Information like searches, browsed web pages, what content you engage with will be recorded. That data would also be shared with unfamiliar third-parties.
Searchkey APP virus removal
You’re highly recommended to use anti-spyware software to uninstall Searchkey APP virus. If you do not uninstall it right, the hijacker may recover. However, if you have spyware removal software delete it, the program would remove Searchkey APP virus along with all of its leftover files.
You should not encounter trouble when changing your browser’s settings as soon as the hijacker is no longer present. You can avoid the majority of these kinds of threats, if you pay attention to how you install programs.Download Removal Toolto remove Searchkey APP virus
Learn how to remove Searchkey APP virus from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Searchkey APP virus from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Searchkey APP virus from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Searchkey APP virus from Windows?
a) Remove Searchkey APP virus related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Searchkey APP virus related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Searchkey APP virus related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Searchkey APP virus related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Searchkey APP virus related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Searchkey APP virus related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Searchkey APP virus from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Searchkey APP virus. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Searchkey APP virus from web browsers?
a) Erase Searchkey APP virus from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Searchkey APP virus and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Searchkey APP virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Searchkey APP virus
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Searchkey APP virus from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Searchkey APP virus and choose a new provider
d) Remove Searchkey APP virus from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.