What is SearchConverterInc
SearchConverterInc will alter your browser’s settings which is why it is categorized as a redirect virus. The infection was possibly attached to a freeware as an additional offer, and because you didn’t deselect it, it installed. It is crucial that you are attentive during program installation because if you are not, you will not be able to avoid these kinds of threats. This is a low level infection but because of its unwanted behavior, you will want to get rid of it as soon as possible. You’ll notice that instead of the site that is set as your homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page. They also alter your search engine into one that can inject sponsored content into results. You’re redirected because the hijacker aims to boost traffic for certain pages, which earns revenue for owners. Certain browser hijacker are able to redirect to infected websites so unless you wish to get your PC contaminated with malicious software, you should be cautious. And malware could bring about more damage to your device than this. You may find the hijacker’s supplied features beneficial but you should know that you could find real add-ons with the same features, which do not endanger your PC. You may also notice more personalized sponsored content, and that is because the hijacker is collecting information about you and following your searches. It wouldn’t be odd if that information was shared with third-parties too. And the sooner you delete SearchConverterInc, the better.
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchConverterInc
How does SearchConverterInc behave
It is possible that you came across the redirect virus unknowingly, during free program installation. This is possibly just a case of inattentiveness, and you didn’t intentionally install it. The reason this method is successful is because users are careless when installing applications, which means they miss all clues that something attached. You have to pay attention since offers are concealed, and by not noticing them, you’re permitting them to install. By opting Default mode, you might be permitting all kinds of unfamiliar items to install, so it would be best if you did not use them. Deselecting those items is crucial, but they will only be apparent in Advanced or Custom settings. You’re recommended to uncheck all the offers. After you uncheck all the offers, you may continue installing the free software. Blocking the threat from the very beginning can save you a lot time because dealing with it later can be time-consuming and annoying. You are also suggested to not download from questionable sources as they are a great method to spread malware.
One good thing about browser redirects is that you will know of them soon after infection. Your home web page, new tabs and search engine would be set to a different page without your explicit permission, and it is not likely that you would miss that. It’s possible that it’ll alter all of the main browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And unless you first terminate SearchConverterInc from the computer, the page will load every time your browser is launched. Don’t waste time trying to modify the settings back since the browser redirect will simply nullify your alterations. It is also possible that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar, results would be generated not from the search engine you set but from the one the browser redirect is advertising. Don’t go around pressing on all results as they will likely lead to sponsored pages. Owners of certain web pages intend to increase traffic to make more income, and they use hijackers to reroute you to them. Owners will be able to earn more revenue when there is more traffic because more people are likely to engage with ads. If you press on those web pages, you’ll notice that they rarely have anything to do with what you were looking for. Some of the results may appear real at first but if you are attentive, you should be able to differentiate them. Bear in mind that browser hijackers might also redirect to infected web pages, which can result in you getting a severe threat. Another thing you should know is that these kinds of threats spy on you so as to get info about what sites you are more likely to visit and what you tend to search for most. Browser hijackers also share the information with third-parties, and it’s used to make more user relevant ads. The information is also possibly used by the browser hijacker to make content you’d be more prone to pressing on. While the infection won’t directly damage your OS, you need to still eliminate SearchConverterInc. And after you finish the process, there should not be issues with modifying browser’s settings.
Hijackers should not remain installed, so the sooner you eliminate SearchConverterInc, the better. You will have to pick from by hand and automatic methods for getting rid of the hijacker and, neither of which are specially hard to perform. Manual method includes you locating the contamination and taking care of it yourself. If you are unsure of what to do, you could use the instructions provided below this article. They should help you take care of the infection, so ensure you follow them properly. However, if this is your first time dealing with a redirect virus, this might not be the right option for you. You may download spyware elimination software and have do everything for you. If it spots the infection, allow it to terminate it. You have successfully gotten rid of the threat if you can reverse the alterations the redirect virus carried out to your browser. If you are still stuck with the redirect virus’s web page, something could have slipped past you and it was able to restore itself. Now that you’ve realized how irritating hijacker could be, try to avoid them. Ensure you create decent computer habits because it may prevent a lot of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove SearchConverterInc
Learn how to remove SearchConverterInc from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete SearchConverterInc from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove SearchConverterInc from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete SearchConverterInc from Windows?
a) Remove SearchConverterInc related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on SearchConverterInc related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall SearchConverterInc related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select SearchConverterInc related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete SearchConverterInc related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select SearchConverterInc related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove SearchConverterInc from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including SearchConverterInc. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove SearchConverterInc from web browsers?
a) Erase SearchConverterInc from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase SearchConverterInc and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate SearchConverterInc from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate SearchConverterInc
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete SearchConverterInc from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate SearchConverterInc and choose a new provider
d) Remove SearchConverterInc from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.