What can be mentioned about this contamination
Search Smart Redirect is a hijacker categorized as a pretty low-level infection. Hijackers are for the most part accidentally set up by users, they may not even be aware of the infection. Try to recall whether you have recently installed some kind of freeware, as browser hijackers usually use software bundles to spread. A hijacker is not categorized as dangerous and thus shouldn’t harm. You will, however, experience regular redirects to promoted pages, as that is the main reason they even exist. Those pages aren’t always secure so if you visited a unsafe website, you could end up allowing a much more serious risk to enter your system. You will get nothing by keeping the browser hijacker. You ought to uninstall Search Smart Redirect because it doesn’t belong on your computer.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search Smart Redirect
How are hijackers generally installed
You may not know that extra items come with free programs. It may have adware, redirect viruses and various undesirable tools attached to it. You can only inspect for additional items in Advanced or Custom mode so opting for those settings will assist to dodge browser hijacker and other unwanted program set ups. Advanced mode will show you if anything has been added, and if there is, you will be able to deselect it. Default settings will not show anything added so by opting for them, you are basically permitting them to install automatically. If it infected your computer, uninstall Search Smart Redirect.
Why must you erase Search Smart Redirect?
As soon as the browser hijacker installs your device, your browser’s settings will be adjusted. The hijacker’s promoted site will be set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. All popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will be affected. And unless you first terminate Search Smart Redirect, you may not be able to modify the settings back. A search engine will appear on your new homepage but we don’t encourage using it since advertisement results will be inserted into results, so as to reroute you. Redirect viruses do this so as to to gain profit from increased traffic. Those redirects might be deeply annoying as you will end up on all types of weird portals. While those reroutes are certainly aggravating they may also be rather damaging. You may run into malevolent program during one of those reroutes, so do not expect the reroutes to always be non-harmful. It is suggested eliminate Search Smart Redirect as soon as it makes itself known as that is the only way to avoid a more serious threat.
How to erase Search Smart Redirect
You need to acquire spyware termination software to be sure you fully erase Search Smart Redirect. Manual Search Smart Redirect termination means you will have to find the browser hijacker yourself, which might take time since you will have to find the hijacker yourself. However, instructions on how to remove Search Smart Redirect will be supplied below this article.Download Removal Toolto remove Search Smart Redirect
Learn how to remove Search Smart Redirect from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search Smart Redirect from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search Smart Redirect from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search Smart Redirect from Windows?
a) Remove Search Smart Redirect related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search Smart Redirect related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search Smart Redirect related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search Smart Redirect related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search Smart Redirect related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search Smart Redirect related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search Smart Redirect from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search Smart Redirect. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search Smart Redirect from web browsers?
a) Erase Search Smart Redirect from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search Smart Redirect and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search Smart Redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search Smart Redirect
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search Smart Redirect from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search Smart Redirect and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search Smart Redirect from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.