Search.lexside.com Removal Tips
Search.lexside.com looks like a legitimate search engine that allows users to search for all kinds of information, including pictures, videos, and other relevant information. Even though Search.lexside.com seems to be a decent search engine, the truth is that it is known to be a typical browser hijacker. In other words, this search engine applies changes to all the browsers without permission.
It is advisable to remove Search.lexside.com as soon as possible because this search engine is not that useful. In addition, it might cause redirections to the websites with an infectious content. We do not think that you want to encounter malware on those websites, so we suggest that you go for the Search.lexside.com removal now.
How does Search.lexside.com work?
Even though Search.lexside.com looks legitimate, it might cause harm to your PC and privacy-related issues. Search.lexside.com is considered to be a dangerous search engine because it is capable of providing users with sponsored links and commercial advertisements. It is not likely that you will see them on your screen because they only appear when a user enters some kind of keyword into the search box in order to find the relevant info. Yes, Search.lexside.com incorporates those links and ads among the search results because it wants users to click on them. As has been mentioned, it is really dangerous to do that because you might be taken to other web pages with a bunch of malware on them. It is advisable to uninstall Search.lexside.com also because it collects information about users day after day. It has been observed that browser hijackers are primarily interested in non-personal information in order to show ads for the users. Of course, nobody knows whether they are really not planning on touching personal information.
How did Search.lexside.com enter my system?
Search.lexside.com browser hijacker seems to be associated with the Lexside downloader. The majority of users install it on their systems and then notice the presence of Search.lexside.com. Of course, Search.lexside.com browser hijacker can enter systems together with other free applications too. In most cases, it attaches itself to those applications that can be downloaded from third-party webpages. Other threats use the same tactic to enter systems, so be cautious all the time. If you do not think that you have enough knowledge to protect your system, install a security tool on your computer and always keep it enabled.
How to delete Search.lexside.com?
In order to be able to set another homepage and search engine, you have to remove Search.lexside.com from the system. At first, it might seem that it is a difficult task; however, it will not be so difficult if you use our manual removal instructions to delete Search.lexside.com manually. We understand that the manual method will not be suitable for all the users. If you are among those who do not know much about computers, acquire a reputable security tool. You will simply scan your system with it and Search.lexside.com browser hijacker will be gone.
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on the program and erase it.
- Right-click on the background.
- Open All apps and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable software and click on it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted program and click Uninstall.
- Open your browser and tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Click Extensions.
- Select the extension from the list and remove it.
- Open your browser.
- Tap Alt+F.
- Select Tools and click Extensions.
- Select the extension and erase it.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and open Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select the extension.
- Click remove.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.