Search.handlersection.com will make changes to your browser which is why it is thought to be a hijacker. Redirect viruses may usually be found adjoined to free programs, and if they go undetected, they would install without the user actually noticing. If you do not want these kinds of infections to inhabit your PC, be careful about what kind of software you install. Hijackers are not harmful themselves but they do carry out a lot of unwanted activity. The browser hijacker will carry out changes to your browser’s settings so that its advertised websites loads instead of your home website and new tabs. What you’ll also notice is that your search is altered, and it may be manipulating search results by inserting sponsored content into them. Browser hijackers want to reroute users to sponsored websites in order to boost traffic for them, which allows their owners to earn money from ads. It ought to be noted that if a redirect to a dangerous web page occurs, you can easily get your system infected with a malware. If you got malicious software, the situation would be much more extreme. You may think hijackers are useful extensions but the features that they offer could be found in reliable add-ons, ones that won’t try to redirect you. More personalized content will also start appearing, and if you are wondering why, the browser redirect is following your browsing and gathering information about you. It wouldn’t be odd if that information was shared with third-parties as well. All of this is why you should delete Search.handlersection.com.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.handlersection.com
What does it do
Free application bundles are possibly the most likely way you got the infection. This is possibly just a case of inattentiveness, and you didn’t intentionally install it. This method is effective because people do not pay attention when they install freeware, instead, choosing to rush and not read the provided information. The offers are hiding and by rushing you loose all chance of seeing them, and you not noticing them means they will be allowed to install. By picking Default mode, you might be allowing authorizing the installation of all kinds of unfamiliar software, so it would be best if you opted out of using them. Choose Advanced (Custom) settings when you are installing something, and you’ll see the attached items. Unless you wish to deal with constant unknown programs, make sure you always deselect the items. After all the items have been deselected, you may continue installing the free software. Initially preventing the threat can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later will be time-consuming. You also need to start being vigilant about where you get your applications from because by opting for dubious sources, you are increasing your chances of acquiring an infection.
While the threat is not as severe as some others, we still recommend that you remove Search.handlersection.com as soon as possible. Depending on how computer-savvy you are, you can pick either by hand and automatic way to clean your OS of the hijacker. If you opt to proceed with the former, you will have to find where the infection is concealed yourself. It’s not hard to do but it could take a bit of time, but instructions to aid you may be found below this report. They should help you take care of the threat, so make sure you follow them properly. For those who have little experience with computers, this may not be the most appropriate option. Downloading spyware removal software to take care of the infection may best if that is the case. The software will pinpoint the infection and once it does, you just have to give it permission to get rid of the redirect virus. You were successful in getting rid of the infection if you can alter your browser’s settings without the redirect virus reversing everything. The threat is still present on your computer if your browser loads the same web page. If you actually pay attention when you install programs, you will prevent these annoying situations in the future. If you want to have a clean device, you have to have good computer habits.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.handlersection.com
Learn how to remove Search.handlersection.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Search.handlersection.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Search.handlersection.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Search.handlersection.com from Windows?
a) Remove Search.handlersection.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Search.handlersection.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Search.handlersection.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Search.handlersection.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Search.handlersection.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Search.handlersection.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Search.handlersection.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Search.handlersection.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Search.handlersection.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Search.handlersection.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Search.handlersection.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Search.handlersection.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Search.handlersection.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Search.handlersection.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Search.handlersection.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Search.handlersection.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.