Safesurfs.com Removal Tips
Have you just opened your favorite browser and found out that your default home page has been changed to safesurfs.com? Well, the first thing that you should know is that SafeSurfs is not safe at all. Actually, this is just a useless browser hijacker that has to be eliminated immediately.
This potentially unwanted program (PUP) is designed to modify your Internet options, and this means making some unwanted changes. The browser hijacker replaces your default search engine, home page, and new tab, and you definitely didn’t give it the permission to do this. The bad news is that the application is compatible with the majority of browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. You should take immediate action and remove safesurfs.com from your browser because it is not really user-friendly.
Why can safesurfs.com be threatening to my computer?
Although the page of the PUP looks quite sophisticated and safe, the program is the opposite of that. As many other hijackers, it tries to look useful: you can see many links at the bottom of the screen. There are shortcuts to very popular websites like Ebay, Twitter, Yahoo, Pinterest, Facebook, etc. Do not believe the PUP’s usefulness: you can easily bookmark your favorite pages on any browser, so this function is not worth the risk. Furthermore, we can see that the hijacker provides its users with original results. This is not really good because the engine itself is not reliable. There may be a lot of sponsored links, and they may not even be marked as ones. So, in order to avoid corrupted webpages, delete safesurfs.com once and for all and switch to a reliable search engine like Google, Yahoo, or Bing. In addition, you may not avoid various advertisements. They are created for commercial purposes and are dangerous to users. That is because the creators of the ads cannot be known before you click one of the pop-ups or banners. Even cyber-criminals can create advertisements to spread their malware! Also, be ready for annoying (and dangerous) redirections. For example, you may be redirected to threatening dating or even pornographic sites. Finally, your personal information cannot be safe while you use the hijacker. You see, it can collect your search queries, location, e-mails, or even passwords.Download Removal Toolto remove Safesurfs.com
How did safesurfs.com infect my PC?
You cannot download the PUP from anywhere if you want to do this consciously. This leaves us with one option: software bundles. When people download freeware from file sharing webpages, there is a huge possibility to get infected with a variety of PUPs and malware. Be more careful next time you download software (read everything attentively!) and uninstall safesurfs.com now.
How to remove safesurfs.com from my PC?
Safesurfs.com removal will be the safest if it is done by a legitimate malware and spyware removal application. Of course, you can also delete safesurfs.com manually, but this causes some risks: you may leave other PUPs on your system. Your safety should be the most important thing, and a good security tool will take care of it.
Steps to remove Safesurfs.com from Your Computer
- Step 1 How to delete Safesurfs.com from Windows?
- Step 2 How to remove Safesurfs.com from web browsers?
- Step 3 How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Safesurfs.com from Windows?
a) Remove Safesurfs.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Safesurfs.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Safesurfs.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Safesurfs.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Safesurfs.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Safesurfs.com related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove Safesurfs.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Safesurfs.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Safesurfs.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Safesurfs.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Safesurfs.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Safesurfs.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Safesurfs.com and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari…
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.