What can be said in regards to this threat
RecordEnumerator is considered to be a redirect virus, a rather trivial contamination that may arrive in abruptly. Installation normally occurs by accident and the majority of users are unsure about how it occurred. Browser intruders like to travel through a free application packages. A hijacker is not a dangerous virus and ought to not endanger your operating system directly. You will, however, experience continuous redirects to sponsored websites, as that is the main reason behind their existence. Those websites won’t always safe so keep in mind that if you were to get rerouted to a website that isn’t secure you might end up contaminating your PC with malevolent program. You will get nothing by permitting the redirect virus to stay. Delete RecordEnumerator and you could go back to usual surfing.
Download Removal Toolto remove RecordEnumerator
Redirect virus travel ways
Not many users are aware of the fact that extra items often install with freeware. The list includes adware, browser intruders and other kinds of unnecessary tools. Those added offers are hiding in Advanced (Custom) mode so opt for those settings to evade installing browser hijackers or other unwanted programs. Unmark everything that appears in Advanced mode. By opting for Default settings, you give those items the permission they need to install automatically. It will take much longer to remove RecordEnumerator than it would to untick a few boxes, so take that into consideration the next time you’re rushing through installation.
Why should I uninstall RecordEnumerator?
You will notice very quickly the modifications that it carried out to your browser’s settings as soon as the hijacker is installed. The hijacker’s carried out alterations include setting its advertised website as your homepage, and it will not need your authorization to do this. All leading browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will be affected. And it might prevent you from changing the settings back unless you firstly terminate RecordEnumerator from your operating system. Your new home web page will have a search engine, and we don’t suggest using as it will give you plenty of sponsored content, in order to redirect you. This would happen since reroute viruses aim to to gain income from increased traffic. You will be rerouted to all types of odd pages, which makes browser intruders highly troublesome deal with. Those reroutes also pose a certain risk to you as they are not only troublesome but also rather dangerous. You could be led to some dangerous page, where malware might be lurking, by those redirects. To prevent this from happening, eliminate RecordEnumerator from your OS.
How to delete RecordEnumerator
You need to get anti-spyware programs to ensure you fully abolish RecordEnumerator. By hand RecordEnumerator termination means you will have to locate the redirect virus yourself, which can take time since you will have to identify the reroute virus yourself. A guide will be presented to help you uninstall RecordEnumerator in case you cannot locate it.Download Removal Toolto remove RecordEnumerator
Learn how to remove RecordEnumerator from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete RecordEnumerator from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove RecordEnumerator from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete RecordEnumerator from Windows?
a) Remove RecordEnumerator related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on RecordEnumerator related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall RecordEnumerator related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select RecordEnumerator related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete RecordEnumerator related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select RecordEnumerator related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove RecordEnumerator from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including RecordEnumerator. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove RecordEnumerator from web browsers?
a) Erase RecordEnumerator from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase RecordEnumerator and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate RecordEnumerator from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate RecordEnumerator
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete RecordEnumerator from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate RecordEnumerator and choose a new provider
d) Remove RecordEnumerator from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.