Radamant Virus Removal Guide
Radamant Virus is a ransomware infection that can slither into your system without your notice. It is named after the command and control server that it uses. The malware targets computers all over the world and encrypts the important data that is stored on them.
Once the data is encrypted, it presents users with a message, which explains that the only way to restore their files is to purchase a decryption key. Needless to say, making profit off of unsuspecting computer users is the reason why the ransomware was created in the first place. We urge you not to follow the requests of the cyber criminals and get rid of Radamant Virus as soon as possible.
How does Radamant Virus work?
Radamant Virus spreads through spam email attachments, corrupted links, fake ads, and so on. It can easily infiltrate unprotected systems, which is why it is so important that you have a powerful anti-malware tool safeguarding your PC at all times. Once the infection takes over, it starts encrypting your files using the AES encryption. It affects your documents, photos, music, videos, game files, presentations, and other data. The encrypted files can no longer be accessed by the user.Download Removal Toolto remove Radamant ransomware
After the encryption process is complete, the ransomware presents you with a notification that demands that you pay a set amount of money in order to decrypt your files. The amount has to be paid in Bitcoins and is usually 0.5 BTC (about $220 depending on the rate), however, the sum may vary. The cyber criminals attempt to scare you into paying them by stating that this is the only way for you to recover your data. That is not true. You can restore your files from backup or use one of the file-decryption tools available on the Internet. Please keep in mind that paying the cyber crooks does not guarantee that you achieve anything other than helping them to make easy profit. We suggest that you try to get your files back without wasting your money. Before you try to do that, however, you should eliminate Radamant Virus from your PC.
How to remove Radamant Virus?
You can terminate Radamant Virus automatically by using a malware prevention and removal tool presented on our page. It will scan your system, detect all malicious components and uninstall Radamant Virus completely. In addition to Radamant Virus removal, the utility will also help you make sure that your PC does not suffer from similar parasites again by providing it with real-time online protection. Alternatively, you can try to delete Radamant Virus manually. You should only attempt this, if you are confident in your system knowledge. The instructions presented below the article will guide you through the manual removal process.
Radamant Virus Removal
Step 1: Make hidden files visible
- Press Win+E and open the Tools tab
- Select Folder options and go to View tab
- Tick Show hidden files and folders
- Un-check Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
Windows 7 and Vista
- Press the Windows key and E simultaneously
- Click Organize and select Folder search options
- Open View tab and tick the Show hidden files and folders box
- Un-tick the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) box
- Right-click on the lower left corner and open Control Panel
- Select Appearance and Personalization
- Under Folder Options, choose Show hidden files and folders
- Check the box next to Show hidden files, folders, and drives
- Un-check the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
Step 2: Delete Radamant Virus (files)
- Open C:\Windows\ and find the directx.exe file
- Right-click on it and select Delete
Step 3: Remove Radamant Ransomware (registry values)
- Tap Win+R, type in “regedit” and click OK
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Locate “svchost” value, right-click on it and pick Delete
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Find “svchost” value and delete it
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.