What is Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus?
Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus is a serious infection that might do much harm after it slithers onto the computer. This infection is known to be a ransomware, so do not be surprised when you find out that you cannot use your computer anymore. The main aim of all ransomware infections is to extort money from users and Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus is no exception. We do not recommend paying money for cyber criminals even though the message it places on the screen seems to be legitimate. All you need to do if you have already encountered this threat is to uninstall Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus as soon as possible. Unfortunately, this will not be easy to do because this threat is not a simple program that can be erased via Control Panel. Do not worry; below provided instructions will help you to successfully implement the Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus removal; however, you should still read the article.
What does Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus do?
Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus itself is targeted at Norwegian computer users, so the biggest possibility to encounter this threat is if you live there. Of course, other users who surf the web and do not have a security tool are not protected as well. The main symptom that Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus has managed to enter the system is the presence of a full-screen message. It will say that you have done something really bad (e.g. kept child pornography on your PC) and now you need to pay a fine. Do not listen to any word of this message because it is completely fake and does not belong to any institutions. The only aim of Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus is to scare you into paying money. It is very likely that the ransom it will ask will be 1000 NOK. It is up to you what to do, but we believe that it would be best to ignore this message and delete Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus from the system as soon as possible.
How did Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus enter my system?
There are so many ransomware infections, so it is clear how they manage to sneak onto computers. First of all, it is very likely that this threat has sneaked onto your PC because you have downloaded a bad program from a torrent or a file-sharing website. Secondly, this could have happened because you have downloaded an infectious email attachment from a spam email. Last but not least, other infections might be hiding on your PC and downloading additional malware. As ransomware might cause much harm, you should always keep your antimalware tool enabled. It is also advisable to be cautious while surfing the web.
How to remove Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus from the system?
It is a really hard task to implement the Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus removal, so we suggest going for the automatic removal of this threat. All you need to do is to acquire a security tool and scan the system. Unfortunately, you will have to start your Windows in Safe Mode with Networking in order to download the tool and remove Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus. Do not worry; an antimalware scanner will not only delete Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus, but also erase other existing infections, if there are any on your PC.
Delete Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste virus
Windows 7 and Vista
- Restart the computer and, as soon as BIOS loads up, start tapping F8.
- Using arrow keys select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Tap Enter.
- Immediately download and install the security tool.
- Scan PC.
- Restart the PC, wait for BIOS to load and start tapping F8 (Windows Advanced Options Menu).
- Using arrow keys select Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter.
- Click YES.
- Download a reliable automatic tool.
- Open the Start menu located on the left of the Task Bar and click RUN.
- Enter msconfig into the Open box and click OK.
- Click the Startup tab in the System Configuration Utility.
- Select Disable All and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Install the security tool and scan your PC.
- Move the cursor to the bottom-right corner of the Metro UI start screen to open Charm Bar.
- Select Settings, click Change PC Settings, and then select General.
- Click Advanced Startup and click Start Now.
- Click Troubleshoot, go to Advanced Options, and click Startup Settings.
- Click Restart and tap F5.
- Launch browser.
- Download and install an automatic antimalware program.
- Scan the system.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.