What is Onlinewebsearch.com.au?
Onlinewebsearch.com.au is a search engine that is aimed at Australian computer users. Of course, it might enter systems of the people living somewhere else too. The chance that this search engine will be set as your homepage and search engine is really high if you use an Australian IP address or tend to download various programs from third-party web pages. If you have already noticed the presence of Onlinewebsearch.com.au on your browsers, make sure that you remove Onlinewebsearch.com.au as soon as possible, and it does not matter at all that it allows you to search for the information in several different categories (e.g. videos, images, news, and shopping). It will not be easy to delete Onlinewebsearch.com.au because browser hijackers can rarely be erased via Control Panel. Do not worry; we are going to help you with its removal even though it is impossible to erase it like any other program.
What does Onlinewebsearch.com.au browser hijacker do?
The first thing that Onlinewebsearch.com.au will do is, of course, to change your homepage and search engine. At first sight, it looks like a reputable search engine, so many users do not hurry to uninstall Onlinewebsearch.com.au. Keep in mind, the quicker you get rid of it, the better because it is known that Onlinewebsearch.com.au might put your system at risk and you might allow malicious software to enter your system unknowingly. Researchers say that this search engine might present you with all kinds of advertisements and it does not matter which browser you use. It will incorporate them among search results in order to make you click on them. You might think that you have ended up on a reliable website after clicking on those ads; however, it is definitely not worth judging the trustworthiness of this search engine from its appearance. It has been also revealed that Onlinewebsearch.com.au will collect information about you. It will track you day after day unless you delete Onlinewebsearch.com.au from the system and set another homepage and search provider.
How to protect the system from browser hijackers?
The majority of browser hijackers enter systems together with other applications. Onlinewebsearch.com.au is no exception, so you have probably noticed its presence after you have installed some kind of program from a third-party website. You can, of course, protect your system from threats by installing a reputable security tool on the system. It would be also wise to install programs carefully in the future because you might be able to decline the installation of undesirable software yourself.
How to get rid of Onlinewebsearch.com.au browser hijacker?
If you want to implement the Onlinewebsearch.com.au removal easily and quickly, you should scan your system with an automatic malware remover. If you do not want to invest money in any tools, you can try to remove Onlinewebsearch.com.au yourself. Keep in mind that it will not be so easy to get rid of this browser hijacker; however, you should use our instructions if you are really going to take care of the Onlinewebsearch.com.au removal yourself.
Delete Onlinewebsearch.com.au from PC
- Click the Start button and open Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the program and click Remove.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and right-click on the hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
- Open the Charm bar and enter Control Panel in Search. Click OK.
- Click Uninstall a program and right-click on the program.
- Click Uninstall.
- Open your browser and tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Open Extensions.
- Select the extension and click erase.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F.
- Select Tools and open Extensions.
- Select the extension and click the trash button.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select the extension.
- Delete it.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.