About this contamination
If NanoSearch reroutes are bothering you, adware is probably responsible. The reason you have an ad-supported application is probably because you did not pay enough attention when you were installing a freeware. As adware may get in unseen and can work in the background, some users are not even aware of such an applications making home on their OSs. The adware will create intrusive pop-up ads but as it isn’t malware, there should be no direct danger your system. It could, however, expose you to damaging portals and you can end up setting up malware onto your PC. We really recommend you uninstall NanoSearch before it may cause more damage.
How does an adware operate
Since users wouldn’t willingly install it, adware use free programs to infiltrate your machine. Not everyone knows that certain freeware can come together with undesirable offers. Those items include ad-supported programs, reroute viruses and other potentially unneeded programs (PUPs). Default settings will not inform you of any additional items, and items will be allowed to install. We advise selecting Advanced (Custom) instead. If you choose Advanced instead of Default, you will be allowed to unmark all, so you are recommended to select those. Always opt for those settings and you won’t have to deal with these unnecessary set ups.
As soon as the adware installs onto your machine, it will begin showing pop-ups. Whether you prefer Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, they will all be affected. So no matter which browser you favor, you will run into adverts everywhere, to get rid of them you ought to erase NanoSearch. An adware presents you with ads so as to make income.Adware every now and then present questionable downloads, and you should never proceed with them.Refrain from downloading software or updates from weird advertisements, and stick to trustworthy web pages. In case you did not know, those pop-ups can download malware onto your computer so avoid them. The adware will also cause your browser to fail to load and your machine to work much slower. Advertising-supported software will only trouble you so we suggest you remove NanoSearch as soon as possible.
You might remove NanoSearch in a couple of ways, depending on your knowledge with computers. We recommend you to download anti-spyware software for NanoSearch removal if you want the easiest way. You can also eliminate NanoSearch by hand but it can be more complicated ads you would need to do everything yourself, including identifying where the ad-supported software is hiding.
Learn how to remove NanoSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete NanoSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove NanoSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete NanoSearch from Windows?
a) Remove NanoSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on NanoSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall NanoSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select NanoSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete NanoSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select NanoSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove NanoSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including NanoSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove NanoSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase NanoSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase NanoSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate NanoSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate NanoSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete NanoSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate NanoSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove NanoSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.