Myhome.vi-view.com Removal Guide
Myhome.vi-view.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to Viview application developed by Flyingbird Technology Limited. The potentially unwanted program usually gets installed with a browser helper object called Wsys Control that stops you from restoring your browser settings manually.
The hijacker alters your browser settings and shortcuts right after it enters your system. It also causes other unwanted modifications that disrupt your online surfing. Its main purpose is to generate web traffic and promote its sponsors. There is nothing beneficial about the hijacker for computer users. We suggest that you delete Myhome.vi-view.com as soon as you can.
How does Myhome.vi-view.com work?
Like most ad-supported programs, Viview gets distributed in free software bundles. It gets attached to freeware and is presented in the installation wizard as an optional offer. You can decline this offer, however, in most cases, computer users do not even notice it and thus the application gets installed automatically. It is important to be especially attentive when it comes to installing freeware, because it is often accompanied by potentially unwanted programs. Make sure you decline all additional offers of unknown apps next time you install free software.Download Removal Toolto remove Myhome.vi-view.com
After the installation, Viview switches your home page, new tab, and default search engine to Myhome.vi-view.com. This website contains a search box that shows you results, which include lots of ads and sponsored links. The application will also make sure that you see various adverts on other websites that you visit. We urge you not to trust its commercial data, because it may be unreliable and could lead you to corrupted pages. This may result in malware infection and other unwanted consequences. Other symptoms of the hijacker include random redirects, Internet slow downs, the use of tracking cookies, and more. You should not hesitate to eliminate Myhome.vi-view.com from your browsers.
How to remove Myhome.vi-view.com?
You can terminate Myhome.vi-view.com manually or automatically. Manual removal may be somewhat complicated especially if you have never deal with similar issues before. In order to uninstall Myhome.vi-view.com manually, you will have to uninstall its associated program, i.e. Viview and Wsys Cotnrol, from your computer, restore your browser settings, and edit your browser shortcuts. Instructions on how to complete the first two tasks are presented below the article. As for the last one, you will have to right-click on your browser shortcut, select Properties and go to Shortcut tab. Once there, locate the Target line, delete Myhome.vi-view.com part and click OK to save changes. If you complete all three of the steps correctly, you should be able to get rid of the hijacker for good. Alternatively, you can download the anti-malware utility from our page and let it take care of your system. It will remove Myhome.vi-view.com along with all of its components and other threats automatically.
Steps to remove Myhome.vi-view.com from Your Computer
- Step 1 How to delete Myhome.vi-view.com from Windows?
- Step 2 How to remove Myhome.vi-view.com from web browsers?
- Step 3 How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Myhome.vi-view.com from Windows?
a) Remove Myhome.vi-view.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Myhome.vi-view.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Myhome.vi-view.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Myhome.vi-view.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Myhome.vi-view.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Myhome.vi-view.com related program
- Click Uninstall
Step 2. How to remove Myhome.vi-view.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Myhome.vi-view.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Myhome.vi-view.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Myhome.vi-view.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Myhome.vi-view.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Myhome.vi-view.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Myhome.vi-view.com and choose a new provider
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari…
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.