About redirect viruses
My-tracking.info will modify your browser’s settings which is why it is thought to be a hijacker. The threat was most likely added to a free application as an additional item, and since you did not uncheck it, it installed. If you wish to avoid these kinds of annoying threats, you ought to pay attention to what you install. Redirect viruses are rather low-level infections they do behave in an unwanted way. Your browser’s homepage and new tabs will be modified, and a different page will load instead of your usual site. What you’ll also find is that your search is different, and it may be injecting advertisement links into search results. You’re redirected because the redirect virus aims to boost traffic for certain websites, which makes profit for owners. Some users end up with malicious software via these kinds of redirects since some redirect viruses are able to reroute to malware-ridden pages. If you got your computer contaminated with malicious software, the situation would be much more dire. In order for people to find them useful, redirect viruses pretend to have helpful features but the reality is, they are replaceable with trustworthy extensions which aren’t actively trying to reroute you. You’ll not always notice this but browser hijackers are tracking your browsing and collecting information so that more customized sponsored content could be created. Furthermore, unrelated third-parties may be given access to that data. And that is why you ought to erase My-tracking.info the second you run into it.
Download Removal Toolto remove My-tracking.info
What does it do
Freeware bundles are probably the most likely way you got the infection. You were possibly just careless, and you did not knowingly choose to install it. This method is effective because people are inattentive, do not read the info provided and are generally careless when installing software. Those offers are frequently hidden when you install applications, and if you aren’t paying attention, you’ll miss them, which means they will be permitted to install. Default settings will not show anything, and if you still select to use them, you might infect your operating system with all types of unfamiliar offers. Instead, pick Advanced (Custom) mode since they’ll not only permit you to see what has been attached but also give a chance to deselect everything. Unmarking all the boxes is recommended if you wish to stop unfamiliar software installations. Only continue installing the application after you uncheck everything. Dealing with these threats can be troublesome so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort by initially stopping them. You should also stop downloading from dubious websites, and instead, select official/legitimate sites/stores.
Redirect virus infections are noticed at once, even by non computer-savvy users. Without your explicit consent, it will alter your browser’s settings, setting your homepage, new tabs and search engine to a site its promoting. Popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will possibly be affected. The web page will greet you every time you launch your browser, and this will go on until you eliminate My-tracking.info from your operating system. Do not waste time trying to change the settings back because the browser redirect will merely reverse your changes. If you find that when you search for something through browser’s address bar, search results are generated by a weird search engine, the browser redirect probably altered it. You may encounter advertising content among legitimate results, since the infection is aiming to redirect you. Those redirects may be occurring because of money reasons, as owners of those pages earn revenue based on the traffic their website receives. With more people entering the website, it’s more likely that the the chances of people interacting with adverts is boosted. Often those sites do not actually have anything to do with what you are were initially looking for. Some of the results could seem real in the beginning but if you pay attention, you ought to be able to tell the difference. You should to be cautious because certain web pages might be dangerous, which could permit serious infections to enter your machine. Hijackers are also keen on studying your Internet usage, so it might be monitoring your browsing. The obtained information could be used to create adverts that are more relevant to the user, if it is shared with third-parties. The data could also be used by the browser hijacker for the purposes of customizing sponsored results so that you’re more prone to clicking on it. It is clear the browser hijacker shouldn’t be allowed to stay on your PC, so delete My-tracking.info. Do not forget to modify your browser’s settings back to usual after the elimination process is carried out.
Since you now realize what the contamination is doing, uninstall My-tracking.info. There are a couple of options when it comes to disposing of this contamination, whether you pick by hand or automatic should depend on how much computer experience you posses. If you have dealt with deleting programs before, you can go with the former, as you will have to find the infection yourself. While the process could be a bit more time-consuming than initially thought, the process ought to be fairly simple, and if you need assistance, we have presented guidelines below this report to assist you. By following the precise guidelines thoroughly, you should not have issues with getting rid of it. The other option might be right for you if you don’t have experience when it comes to dealing with not wanted software. Acquiring anti-spyware software for the elimination of the threat could best if that is the case. The program will scan your PC for the threat and once it pinpoints it, all you have to do is permit it to wipe out the redirect virus. To check if the threat is gone, change your browser’s settings, if you are allowed to do so, you were successful. If the browser hijacker’s website continues to load, you must have missed something and did not completely terminate the threat. If you take the time to install programs properly in the future, you will prevent these irritating situations in the future. If you possess good computer habits, you will be able to avoid loads of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove My-tracking.info
Learn how to remove My-tracking.info from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete My-tracking.info from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove My-tracking.info from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete My-tracking.info from Windows?
a) Remove My-tracking.info related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on My-tracking.info related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall My-tracking.info related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select My-tracking.info related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete My-tracking.info related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select My-tracking.info related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove My-tracking.info from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including My-tracking.info. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove My-tracking.info from web browsers?
a) Erase My-tracking.info from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase My-tracking.info and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate My-tracking.info from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate My-tracking.info
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete My-tracking.info from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate My-tracking.info and choose a new provider
d) Remove My-tracking.info from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.