What kind of infection are you dealing with
My-search.com will modify your browser’s settings which is why it is considered to be a hijacker. You probably installed some kind of free application recently, and it likely had the hijacker adjoined to it. Similar threats are why you should pay attention to how programs are installed. My-search.com isn’t a high-level infection but its activity will get on your nerves. You’ll notice that instead of the page that is set as your home web page and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page. They also alter your search engine into one that will be able to insert sponsored content into results. Hijackers will redirect you to sponsored web pages in order to generate traffic for them, so that owners could make revenue. Some users end up with malicious program via these types of reroutes because some redirect viruses are able to redirect to malicious program-ridden sites. And a malicious program contaminations would cause much more damage. If you find the redirect virus’s provided features useful, you should know that they can be found in proper add-ons too, which don’t jeopardize your machine. You need to also be aware that some redirect viruses will monitor your activity and gather certain information to know what kind of content you are likely to click on. That info might also end up in suspicious third-party hands. Therefore, terminate My-search.com, before it could have a more serious affect on your device.
Download Removal Toolto remove My-search.com
What do I need to know about these infections
Free software bundles is the likely way your PC got contaminated. Since they’re very annoying infections, we highly doubt you got it knowing what it is. Because users do not pay attention to how they install programs, hijackers and similar threats can be spread. Those items will be hidden during installation, and if you do not pay attention, you will not see them, which means they’ll be permitted to install. Choosing Default settings would be a mistake since they won’t display anything. Advanced or Custom settings, on the other hand, will show you those offers. It’s suggested that you unmark all the offers. Only continue with the application installation after you have deselected everything. Initially blocking the infections can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later will be time-consuming. We also suggest not downloading from untrustworthy sources as you could easily acquire malware this way.
It is best to get rid of the threat as soon as possible, so terminate My-search.com. Termination may be carried out in two methods, manually and automatically. If you opt to proceed with the former, you’ll have to locate where the contamination is hiding yourself. If you’ve never dealt with this kind of infection before, below this article you will find instructions to aid you, we can promise you that the process should not be hard, although it might rather time-consuming. The guidelines are presented in a coherent and precise manner so you ought to be able to follow them accordingly. But, it may be too difficult for those who are less computer-savvy. In that case, obtain anti-spyware software, and get rid of the infection using it. If it spots the infection, authorize it to dispose of it. Try to change your browser’s settings, if you are successful, the threat should be gone entirely. The browser hijacker remains if what you change in settings is nullified. If you actually pay attention when you install software, you ought to be able to avoid these kinds of threats in the future. If you develop decent computer habits now, you will thank us later.Download Removal Toolto remove My-search.com
Learn how to remove My-search.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete My-search.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove My-search.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete My-search.com from Windows?
a) Remove My-search.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on My-search.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall My-search.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select My-search.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete My-search.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select My-search.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove My-search.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including My-search.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove My-search.com from web browsers?
a) Erase My-search.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase My-search.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate My-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate My-search.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete My-search.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate My-search.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove My-search.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.