About this infection
My Office Tool is categorized as a browser hijacker, a relatively low-level infection that should not directly damage to your device. A lot of users may be baffled about how setup occurs, as they don’t realize they installed it by chance themselves. Redirect viruses are distributed through free software, and this is referred to as packaging. A browser hijacker is not regarded as malicious and thus should not do any direct damage. Nevertheless, it may redirect to sponsored web pages. Browser intruders don’t make sure the pages are secure so you might be led to one that would authorize malware to invade your machine. It will not present any handy services to you, so permitting it to remain is somewhat pointless. To return to usual browsing, you just need to uninstall My Office Tool.
Download Removal Toolto remove My Office Tool
Browser intruder spread ways
You possibly were not aware that added offers come together with free software. Adware, browser intruders and other potentially unnecessary tools might come as those added items. Users usually end up allowing browser hijackers and other unnecessary applications to enter because they do not opt for Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. Make sure you uncheck everything that becomes visible in Advanced mode. Setup will happen automatically if you use Default mode because they fail to inform you of anything added, which permits those offers to install. It will take much longer to delete My Office Tool than it would to uncheck a few boxes, so take that into consideration the next time you’re rushing through setup.
Why should you eliminate My Office Tool?
You will quickly notice the alterations that it carried out to your browser’s settings as soon as the hijacker manages to enter your OS. The site the hijacker is promoting will be set to load as your homepage. It It will be capable of affecting all main browsers, like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. And it may prevent you from modifying the settings back without you first having to eliminate My Office Tool from your OS. We advise you avoid using the search engine advertised on your new homepage as advertisement results will be implanted into results, so as to redirect you. This would happen as hijackers want to bring about as much traffic as possible for those portals in order to gain income. What makes the reroutes deeply annoying is that you will end up on odd pages. While those reroutes are plenty annoying they can also be rather dangerous. The reroutes might be capable of leading you to dangerous sites, and you could end up with severe malware on your OS. If you want to shield your operating system, uninstall My Office Tool as soon as you see it occupying your system.
My Office Tool removal
If you’re an inexperienced user, it would be easier for you to use spyware elimination programs to erase My Office Tool. Going with by hand My Office Tool uninstallation means you will have to locate the hijacker yourself. Instructions to help you remove My Office Tool will be displayed below this report.Download Removal Toolto remove My Office Tool
Learn how to remove My Office Tool from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete My Office Tool from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove My Office Tool from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete My Office Tool from Windows?
a) Remove My Office Tool related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on My Office Tool related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall My Office Tool related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select My Office Tool related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete My Office Tool related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select My Office Tool related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove My Office Tool from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including My Office Tool. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove My Office Tool from web browsers?
a) Erase My Office Tool from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase My Office Tool and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate My Office Tool from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate My Office Tool
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete My Office Tool from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate My Office Tool and choose a new provider
d) Remove My Office Tool from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.