About browser hijackers
Mazy Search is considered to be a hijacker, and it possibly is spreading through free programs. You probably installed some type of freeware recently, and it probably had the hijacker added to it. Such threats are why you ought to pay attention to what applications you install, and how you do it. Redirect viruses are rather low-level threats they do act in an unnecessary way. You’ll find that instead of the site that is set as your homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. Your search engine will also be modified, and it may be manipulating search results by injecting sponsored content into them. The reroutes are executed so that the web page owners can make profit from traffic and adverts. It should be noted that if a redirect to a dangerous site happens, you could easily get your computer infected with a malware. The malware infection that you could get might bring about much more serious consequences, so ensure you avoid it. You might consider redirect viruses beneficial but the features that they offer can be found in trustworthy plug-ins, ones that will not redirect you to malicious sites. You should also know that some hijackers would be able to follow user behavior and gather certain data in order to know what you are more likely to click on. Or it could later share that info with third-parties. And that is why you ought to delete Mazy Search as quickly as possible.
Download Removal Toolto remove Mazy Search
What does it do
The possible way you got the redirect virus was when you were installing freeware. Since these are rather intrusive and aggravating infections, we highly doubt you got it knowing what it is. The reason this method is so widely used is because users are negligent when they install programs, missing all clues that something added. The offers are hidden and if you rush, you have no chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means they’ll be allowed to install. By opting to use Default mode, you could be permitting all types of unwanted items to install, so it would be best if you did not use them. Instead, opt for Advanced (Custom) mode since they’ll not only allow you to see what has been attached but also provide an opportunity to deselect everything. Make sure you unmark all the items. After all the items have been deselected, you may continue the free software installation. Dealing with these infections could be very annoying so you would do yourself a great favor by initially preventing them. You are also recommended to not download from questionable sources as they’re a great method to spread malware.
Whether you are a computer-savvy person or not, you will be aware of a redirect virus infection at once. Your home website, new tabs and search engine would be set to a different page without your explicit authorization, and that is pretty hard to not notice. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers affected. The website will load every time you launch your browser, and this will continue until you delete Mazy Search from your computer. Changing the settings back would a waste of time because the hijacker will overrule them. Redirect viruses might also set you a different search engine, so don’t be surprised if when you look for something through browser address bar, a weird page will load. Be careful of advertisement links implanted among the results as you could be rerouted. You will be redirected because redirect viruses aim to help web page owners make more income from increased traffic. After all, increased traffic means who are prone to pressing on advertisements, meaning more money. You’ll be able to differentiate between those and legitimate websites without trouble, mainly because they will not match your search query. In some cases they could look real in the beginning, if you were to search ‘virus’, websites advertising bogus security programs might come up, and they might look to be legitimate at first. You should to be vigilant because certain websites might be dangerous, which might allow serious infections to get into your machine. Hijackers also tend to keep an eye on how people use the Internet, gathering certain information. Unfamiliar parties could also gain access to the information, and it could be used to make ads. The information is also possibly used by the hijacker to create content that you’re more inclined to click on. You’re highly recommended to erase Mazy Search as it rather worthless to you. Do not forget to reverse the changed settings after the uninstallation process is carried out.
Ways to erase Mazy Search
It is not the most severe threat you might get, but it can still be very annoying, so erase Mazy Search and you should be able to restore everything back to usual. While there are two methods to dispose of the redirect virus, manual and automatic, opt for the one based on your knowledge about computers. You will have to find the browser hijacker yourself if you pick the former method. If you are not sure what to do, scroll down to the instructions. They should help you take care of the contamination, so make sure you follow them properly. This method may not be the correct choice if you have no prior experience dealing with this kind of thing. You may acquire spyware removal software and have do everything for you. If it spots the infection, authorize it to terminate it. You can now try to change browser’s settings, if you are successful, the threat should be gone fully. If they modify back to load the reroute virus’s website, the infection is not gone from your system. If you actually pay attention when installing software, you will prevent these aggravating situations in the future. Make sure you develop decent tech habits because it can prevent a lot of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove Mazy Search
Learn how to remove Mazy Search from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Mazy Search from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Mazy Search from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Mazy Search from Windows?
a) Remove Mazy Search related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Mazy Search related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Mazy Search related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Mazy Search related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Mazy Search related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Mazy Search related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Mazy Search from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Mazy Search. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Mazy Search from web browsers?
a) Erase Mazy Search from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Mazy Search and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Mazy Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Mazy Search
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Mazy Search from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Mazy Search and choose a new provider
d) Remove Mazy Search from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.