Mapsgalaxy Toolbar Removal Tips
Mapsgalaxy Toolbar is a utility that belongs to Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. It is promoted as an application that can help you access free maps, directions, traffic reports, and more. The toolbar has an official page at mapsgalaxy.com, where it can be downloaded. You should know, however, that it also has certain drawbacks, which is why it is classified as a potentially unwanted program.
It can travel bundled with freeware and shareware, and it also can alter your browser settings without your permission. We advise that you carefully read this article and then decide whether you want to delete Mapsgalaxy Toolbar from your PC or keep it installed.
How does Mapsgalaxy Toolbar work?
Mapsgalaxy Toolbar is not the only product of Mindspark. The company has released a number of other applications that all function in a similar manner including such toolbars as DailyImageBoard, MyScrapNook, BetterCareerSearch, MergeDocsOnline, Running Fanatic, Email Fanatic, InboxNow, and more. After Mapsgalaxy gets installed, it adds a toolbar to your browser, which contains such quick access buttons as Map Search, Map Links, Traffic, People Search, Tools, and others. It also has a search box powered by Ask. The toolbar may also change your browser settings without you knowing about it. The offer to replace your home page, new tab, and default search provider to home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com is presented to you in a way that makes it easy to miss. If you do not notice this offer, you agree to it unwittingly.
If you download the application from its official page, you should not experience any other distractions. However, if you acquired it bundled with other freeware, you may have additional unwanted programs on your PC. These programs may cause various inconveniences like flooding you with ads, rerouting you to unfamiliar websites, slowing down your Internet speed, and more. In case you experience any of these symptoms, we suggest that you terminate Mapsgalaxy Toolbar along with other unwanted applications.
How to remove Mapsgalaxy Toolbar?
There are two ways you can eliminate Mapsgalaxy Toolbar from your computer: manually or automatically. If you choose manual Mapsgalaxy Toolbar removal, you will have to uninstall the toolbar via Control Panel and delete it from browser extensions. If you also want to go back to your original browser settings, you will have to reset them. Instructions on how to erase Mapsgalaxy Toolbar manually are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them. However, if you decide to remove Mapsgalaxy Toolbar automatically, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page and let it scan your system. It will detect all potential issues and fix them without any difficulty. The security software will also help you keep your PC safe in the future.
Mapsgalaxy Toolbar Removal
Uninstall Mapsgalaxy Toolbar from Windows
Windows 8, 7 & Vista
- Press Win+R, input Control, and click OK
- Select Uninstall a program
- Choose Mapsgalaxy Toolbar
- Click Uninstall
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel
- Select Add or remove programs
- Click on Mapsgalaxy Toolbar
- Choose Remove
Delete Mapsgalaxy Toolbar from Extensions
- Enter ‘chrome://extensions’ in the URL field
- Remove Mapsgalaxy Toolbar
- Click on the menu and choose Add-ons
- Go to Extensions and delete Mapsgalaxy Toolbar
Restore your browser settings (optional)
- Press Alt+X and open Internet Options
- Select Advanced tab
- Click Reset
- Select Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Press Alt+H to open Help
- Select Troubleshooting Information
- Click on Refresh Firefox
- Confirm it and click Finish
- Press Alt+F and open Settings
- Click on Show Advanced Settings
- Click Reset settings
- Click Reset
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.