About this threat
Handy Tab is a browser hijacker that may unknowingly to the user, infiltrate a system. It is adjoined to freeware as an extra offer that unless deselected will set up together with the free software. The good news is that the hijacker should not directly endanger your operating system as it’s not a high-level infection. But that doesn’t mean it you should give it authorization to remain on your OS. Unwanted changes will be executed to your web browser and you will be rerouted to strange site. You should be careful of those reroutes since you might end up on damaging websites. Since you gain nothing from this you really ought to eradicate Handy Tab.
How are hijackers distributed
These kinds of threats are attached as an extra offer to free applications. Default settings are normally the reason why so many users install them, even if they do not need to. Make sure to always implement Advanced mode, as that is where the unneeded items are concealed. There are a lot of free software that travel with additional items, so ensure you pay attention to avoid unneeded set ups. There is a likelihood that those items are fully harmless by themselves, as in they won’t directly affect your PC, they might still be trouble. If you see it installed abolish Handy Tab.
Why eradicate Handy Tab
Upon arrival, the redirect virus will instantly alter your browser’s settings. Whether you are employing Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox you will notice that your home website and new tabs have been changed to load the redirect virus’s advertised site. You should also understand that those changes carried out to your browser are irreversible unless you terminate Handy Tab. The website that will be set as your homepage is rather basic, it will have a couple adverts flashing around and a search bar. You need to be aware that the given search engine might be insert sponsored sites into the search results. The redirect virus primarily intends to redirect you to make income but those search results can be capable of leading you to doubtful sites and you can end up with a serious malware infection. In order to prevent this from occurring, delete Handy Tab from your operating system.
Handy Tab removal
Manual Handy Tab deletion is possible so you can try that, just take into account that you will need to locate the hijacker by yourself. If you do not think you can do it, you can try anti-spyware programs and it should be able to remove Handy Tab. Whichever method you opt for, ensure that you remove the redirect virus entirely.
Learn how to remove Handy Tab from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Handy Tab from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Handy Tab from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Handy Tab from Windows?
a) Remove Handy Tab related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Handy Tab related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Handy Tab related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Handy Tab related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Handy Tab related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Handy Tab related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Handy Tab from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Handy Tab. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Handy Tab from web browsers?
a) Erase Handy Tab from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Handy Tab and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Handy Tab from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Handy Tab
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Handy Tab from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Handy Tab and choose a new provider
d) Remove Handy Tab from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.