Google Redirect Virus Removal Guide
Google Redirect Virus is a general term used to refer to a serious threat affecting your web browsers. Its main symptom is browser settings modification, but it actually does much more than that. The infection is caused by TDSS Rootkits and may be detected by your antivirus under such names as Tidserv, Alureon, TrojanSpy:Win32/Chadem.A, and some others.
In addition to changing your browser settings, the malicious program also causes such disruptions as redirecting you to unsafe websites, flooding you with fake adverts, adding unwanted components into your Windows registry, and more. There is no question that you should uninstall Google Redirect Virus as soon as you can.
How does Google Redirect Virus work?
Google Redirect Virus spreads using various deceptive tricks. It may enter your computer through a spam email attachment or a corrupted link sent via an instant messaging chat. You could also have infected your system by clicking on a fake ad or downloading software from unreliable sources. The parasite may use other tricks to get distributed, however, these are the main ones.Download Removal Toolto remove Google Redirect Virus
Once in the system, Google Redirect Virus starts disrupting your browsing by constantly redirecting you to unsafe websites. These pages may be promoting rogue anti-spyware and other malicious programs as useful tools. Do not trust any of these pages even if they look completely legitimate. You should also avoid entering any of your personal data, especially your online banking details, into your browsers, because cyber criminals may create duplicates of various websites in order to gain access to your private information. All of these malign actions can lead to serious consequences such as malware infections, identity theft, financial losses, and more. That is why you should not waste any time when it comes to Google Redirect Virus removal. The sooner you eliminate Google Redirect Virus, the sooner you can go back to safe and uninterrupted online browsing.
How to remove Google Redirect Virus?
Unfortunately, it is not that easy to terminate Google Redirect Virus. As it has been mentioned above, it is not a browser hijacker (even though it has similar symptoms), but a rootkit infection that is very good at staying hidden from antivirus applications. Still, you can try to remove Google Redirect Virus manually. If you choose to do so, you can use the instructions we have prepared below the article. If, however, you do not think you can handle manual Google Redirect Virus removal, you should download the anti-malware tool from our page and let it take care of your system. This option is much more reliable and it will allow you to not only make sure that you delete Google Redirect Virus and other potential threats from your computer, but also that it will stay safe and protected in the future.
Google Redirect Virus Removal
Step 1: Make your folders visible
- Open any folder in your computer
- Click Organize and select Folder and search options
- Click on View and choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives
- Click OK to confirm your changes
Step 2: Enable Boot log
- Press Win+R to open Run
- Type in “msconfig” and click OK
- Go to Boot tab and select Boot log
- Click OK to apply the modifications
Step 3: Uninstall TDSSserv.sys
- Press Win+R, type in “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter
- Go to View tab and choose Show hidden devices
- Expand the Non-plug and play drivers
- Search for TDSSserv.sys and uninstall it
Step 4: Clean the Windows registry
- Click on Start, input “regedit” and press Enter
- Click Edit and select Find
- Type in TDSS
- Delete all TDSS related keys and values
Step 5: Erase TDSSmain.dll file
- Open C:\Windows\System32
- Delete TDSSmain.dll file
Step 6: Eliminate TDSS related strings from ntbtlog.txt
- Go to C:\Windows and open ntbtlog.txt
- Click Edit and Find to locate TDSS related items
- Delete these files and save made changes
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.