What is known about FPMPlayer browser hijacker
FPMPlayer browser hijacker is categorized as a browser hijacker, mainly because it hijacks browsers and performs alterations to them. The hijacker wants to redirect you to sponsored pages, hence why it will change your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It ought to be said that the modifications are carried out without explicit authorization, which is why when users finally notice it, they’re caught off guard. It will not be long before the hijacker gets on your nerves because of the modifications and the redirects it carries out. But the infections are pretty obvious because of how they act. Being unexpectedly redirected will definitely catch users’ attention. Nevertheless, if users are not aware of what hijackers are, they might not be aware they are dealing with one.
So that the hijacker can generate traffic and profit, it redirects to sponsored web pages. The websites the hijacker redirects you to could might be hosting dangerous content, so be wary. You could easily be exposed to malware of all types, or be scammed somehow.
For it to install, the hijacker will not ask for your explicit permission, as it’s rather devious. Hijackers can install like that because they bundle software. Free programs has extra items like adware, browser hijackers and potentially unwanted applications added. The additional offers are permitted to install together with the freeware, unless users know of them and know how to prevent their installation manually. The offers are usually not deselected because users do not know they’re there. We’ll explain how to prevent these unnecessary installations in the following section.
Download Removal Toolto remove FPMPlayer browser hijacker
Hijacker distribution methods
The hijacker does not use the same distribution method as malware. Hijackers are installed by users themselves, albeit it’s oftentimes an accident. This happens because hijackers come attached to freeware as additional items and can install together with the program. Certain settings need to be chosen when installing free software in order to even view what has been added. Free download websites will normally host free programs that come with extra offers. It’s important to learn how to prevent these unnecessary installations for users who download free programs frequently.
When installing free software in the future, opt for Advanced (Custom) settings. Any additional item will be made visible and you’ll be able to deselect everything in those settings. Default settings, although it will say that they’re recommended, will automatically install the offers. If any offers have been attached, all you’ll need to do is uncheck the boxes.
Always be attentive with installation processes, no matter what kind of application it is. Moreover, avoid downloading programs from suspicious sites. Pay attention to what type of applications you’re installing, if you do not wish your PC to be filled with rubbish. It will be much less difficult to stop the installation of unnecessary applications in the beginning, than actually trying to uninstall them.
Is FPMPlayer browser hijacker dangerous
Hijackers are very sly during installation but you’ll notice them soon after. After all, unnecessary modifications are made to your browsers, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The hijacker will set the web page it’s sponsoring as your homepage and new tabs, which means the site will load whenever you open your browser. These are substantial and obvious modifications, so we doubt you would not see. You’ll also have a different search engine. Whenever a search is done via the browser address bar, you will be displayed altered search results from a dubious search engine. Until the hijacker is gone, reversing the changes may be difficult.
Be careful about which results you press on because they will likely contain sponsored web pages. For revenue purposes, hijackers inject those sponsored websites and redirect users. However, those pages will not necessarily be secure, and you may be led to web pages that promote scams or harbor malware. Those results will probably be unrelated to what you were searching for so differentiating between them and legitimates ones should be simple.
The modifications done to your browser and the random redirects are why hijackers ought to be gotten rid of right away. Unfortunately, because they don’t exhibit outright virus-like behaviour, users do not rush to uninstall them. Some even allow them to stay permanently. Hijackers can expose users to highly dangerous content, like malicious software, which is why leaving them installed is not a good idea.
Oftentimes hijackers spy on you as you browse the internet. It’ll mainly collect browsing-related data, such as what you search for, visited pages, what content you interact with, your location. The hijacker would likely share the data with unknown third-parties.
FPMPlayer browser hijacker deletion
The quickest and most effective way to remove FPMPlayer browser hijacker would be to employ spyware removal software. By trying to do everything manually you may miss certain files, allowing the hijacker to recover. Any leftover files would be uninstalled along with the hijacker if you used anti-spyware software.
As soon as you uninstall the hijacker you you should be able to modify your browser’s settings easily. You can avoid most of these kinds of threats, if you pay attention to how you install applications.Download Removal Toolto remove FPMPlayer browser hijacker
Learn how to remove FPMPlayer browser hijacker from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete FPMPlayer browser hijacker from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove FPMPlayer browser hijacker from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete FPMPlayer browser hijacker from Windows?
a) Remove FPMPlayer browser hijacker related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on FPMPlayer browser hijacker related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall FPMPlayer browser hijacker related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select FPMPlayer browser hijacker related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete FPMPlayer browser hijacker related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select FPMPlayer browser hijacker related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove FPMPlayer browser hijacker from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including FPMPlayer browser hijacker. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove FPMPlayer browser hijacker from web browsers?
a) Erase FPMPlayer browser hijacker from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase FPMPlayer browser hijacker and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate FPMPlayer browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate FPMPlayer browser hijacker
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete FPMPlayer browser hijacker from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate FPMPlayer browser hijacker and choose a new provider
d) Remove FPMPlayer browser hijacker from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.