What is DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY
DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY are bogus alerts, probably the result of an advertising-supported application. This is a typical tech-support scam that attempts to scare users into calling certain numbers where they would be asked to provide remote access to their machine. If these alerts are brought about by an adware, they will be interfering with your browsing constantly. If you don’t pay attention to how you install freeware, it isn’t surprising you encountered an ad-supported program. You just need to not fall for these scams, the ads are not dangerous themselves. The scammers on the other side of the phone would request remote access to your system, and then ensure that they have solved the problem (which does not even exist in the first place), for which they would charge you a lot of money. Allowing some suspicious technicians to have remote access to your device can turn out to be a very bad idea, so you must be careful. You can be calm that this threat the alert is warning you about it’s not real, and that your operating system is safe. When you uninstall DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY, the advertisements should go away, and your browsing will no longer be disrupted.
Why are the pop-ups appearing
It is pretty possible that you obtained the threat through freeware packages. It arrives adjoined as an optional item which Default settings do not show, and if you don’t see it, you can’t unmark it, which will authorize it to install. So as to be able to unmark the offers, choose Advanced or Custom mode. If Advanced settings disclose something, ensure everything is unmarked. And if you feel they could be of use, keep in mind that they didn’t intend to correctly disclose their installation, and you would have accidentally installed them. It is important that you pay attention when installing software because otherwise, you will have to terminate DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY or similar regularly.
Whatever warning you are seeing on your screen, we can assure that it is saying that your PC has ran into an issue and needs immediate attention. Scammers warn you about a variety of different of problems, such as malicious programs, licensing or computer problems. It is also common for the alert to include warnings about data loss or leaks since this scares users into reacting. In order to prevent those data loss scenarios, the user is required to call scammers who are posing as tech-support. Keep in mind that real software or security company will never ask users to call them. So if you get a warning from Apple, Microsoft, or some other technology company, and are required to call them, you are being tricked. These con artists would try to convince you that there is a lot wrong with your machine, and that they are the only ones who can resolve the problem, which of course, would cost you a lot. Quite a few people fall for these scams because they might be less experienced when it comes to computers, which is why tech-support scams are still around. Even if you do not pay attention to the first advert, it would show up again and again later on, so it’s not hard to see why users fall for these scams. If you aren’t convinced legitimate companies would not use browser alerts to warn you about malicious programs, you could always investigate the given number. We can promise that the first couple of results will be of users talking about being scammed. Now that it has been confirmed to be a scam, you may ignore the alert without worrying about harm to your operating system, and can deal with the actual issue. If the warnings are appearing regularly, you will have to find and eliminate DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY adware.
DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY uninstallation
We doubt you will have issues with DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY elimination because it’s not difficult. You could pick to either eliminate DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY manually or automatically. The manual way might be more time-consuming but we have prepared guidelines to help you below. Automatic way means you will have to acquire spyware removal software and have it uninstall DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY for you. After you take care of the threat, the pop-ups should stop popping up.
Learn how to remove DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from Windows?
a) Remove DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from web browsers?
a) Erase DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY and choose a new provider
d) Remove DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
Download Removal Toolto remove DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.