Discount Buddy Removal Instructions
Discount Buddy is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that also works as adware. At the very beginning, you might not suspect that the application is responsible for a flood of commercial advertisements that make your surfing almost impossible. Especially if you you have installed the program yourself: on its main page, the developers say that Discount Buddy is an extremely useful application that can help you save a lot of money. It is written: “Discount-Buddy is a browser add-on that helps you save every time you make a purchase online.”
It is claimed that it will suggest you the best coupons available thus helping you plan your budget wisely. For example, you can see that the application presumably collaborates with big companies like Toys R Us. Unfortunately, the help offered is not so useful at all. The PUP starts attacking you with unrelated and annoying ads the moment it inhabits your PC.
Why is Discount Buddy considered to be dangerous?
The adware works with Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. It is created by Innovative Apps and 215 Apps that have created some other potentially unwanted programs, especially related to adware. If you find any PUP on your PC, eliminate it because the problems caused by such an application are great. True, some of the advertisements displayed by the application can be rather useful if they are really related to official companies. However, not all ads are harmless. It is impossible to check all the advertisements, so there may be some coupons that can redirect people to sites that can install viruses onto their computers. Also, you should grow tired of the ads rather quickly. They can be literally everywhere, on each site you open. If you do not shop online that often, our security experts advise you to uninstall Discount Buddy as soon as possible because the danger is rather great.Download Removal Toolto remove Discount Buddy
How did my computer get infected with Discount Buddy?
The PUP can be downloaded directly from its official website http://discount-buddy.com/. Its description is so appealing that many users install the application themselves. However, this is not every case. After all, this is a potentially unwanted program, and all PUPs can be spread all across the Internet secretly. In other words, the creators can bundle Discount Buddy with any freeware or shareware. Many users are quite careless during the process of the installation and do not notice when a PUP enters the computer. For this very reason, you must select the options called Custom or Advanced if you really want to observe everything. If you do this, you will not miss any crucial steps.
How to remove Discount Buddy from my PC?
You can delete Discount Buddy with the help of a legitimate malware removal program. This is the recommended way because it is the safest one: no malware will be left on your PC after the scanning process. Also, you can choose manual Discount Buddy removal. If you carefully follow the instructions, you should be able to do this by yourself:
Delete Discount Buddy from your browser
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A to open open the Add-ons Manager tab.
- You will see the Extensions list. Remove the unwanted application from it.
- Tap Alt+X and choose Manage add-ons.
- Delete the application from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Navigate to Extensions and uninstall the application.
Remove Discount Buddy from your computer
- Open the Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Press Add or Remove programs and uninstall the program.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Go to the Start menu and open Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and delete the application.
Windows 8 and 8.1
- Navigate you mouse to the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- On the Charm bar, click Settings.
- Navigate to Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and delete the unwanted application.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.