CrossBrowser Removal Guide
CrossBrowser advertises itself as a browser “built for speed, simplicity, and security”. It really seems that CrossBrowser will act as a legitimate browser because it will allow you to open different web pages. Unfortunately, it is not perfect. In fact, specialists even classify it as a potentially unwanted application because it might start acting in an undesirable way. Researchers say that CrossBrowser might set itself as your default browser without permission;
however, it is not the only reason why it falls into the category of potentially unwanted programs. If you want to find out what it really does and why it would be better to remove CrossBrowser, you should continue reading this article. We will not only explain you how this program works but will also provide you with the instructions that will help you to uninstall CrossBrowser fully.
How does CrossBrowser act?
Even though CrossBrowser will really act as it should, i.e. it will open different websites for you, specialists have also noticed that CrossBrowser might act in an undesirable way. If you notice something suspicious, delete CrossBrowser without permission. Researchers have noticed that there are many users’ complaints that CrossBrowser shows commercial advertisements. They see pop-ups mainly but other kinds of ads might appear on the screen too. It is better not to click on them because you might cause harm to your system very quickly. In other words, you might be redirected to corrupted websites full of malicious software. Furthermore, it has been noticed that CrossBrowser collects software and hardware information, e.g. your IP address, time and date, the version of your OS, and other similar details. On top of that, CrossBrowser might also be interested in the information about your browsing habits, including your search queries, the websites you visit, and the content you access. As it has been already mentioned, it is possible to stop all of the activities of CrossBrowser by erasing it from the system.
Download Removal Toolto remove CrossBrowser
How did CrossBrowser enter my system?
It is not very likely that you have downloaded and installed CrossBrowser yourself because it is distributed via various download managers. In addition, CrossBrowser might travel in a bundle with freeware and shareware programs and enter systems with their help. Therefore, we recommend checking the system’s condition if CrossBrowser has appeared on your PC without your permission. Make sure that you delete all the suspicious programs if you detect any of them. On top of that, do not forget to install a security tool in order not to allow other potentially unwanted programs and much more serious infections to enter your system.
How to remove CrossBrowser?
As CrossBrowser is just a potentially unwanted program, it is not so difficult to implement the CrossBrowser removal. Specialists say that you can delete CrossBrowser manually or automatically. It does not really matter how you terminate CrossBrowser, the most important thing is that the CrossBrowser removal would be successful. It is also very important that you eliminate all the threats that have entered your system together with CrossBrowser too.
- Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs and select the program.
- Click Remove.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu and open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Select the undesirable application and then click the Uninstall button.
- Right-click on the lower left corner and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Select the unwanted application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select the extension and erase it.
- Open your browser and tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Select Extensions.
- Find the unwanted extension and select it.
- Click remove.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F.
- Select Tools from the menu and open Extensions.
- Select the extension.
- Click the trash button.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.