What type of threat are you dealing with
Convertrz-search.com will change your browser’s settings which is why it is categorized as a browser hijacker. Freeware generally have some type of offers attached, and when people don’t uncheck them, they allow them to install. It is crucial that you are attentive during application installation because otherwise, you won’t be able to avoid these kinds of threats. Browser hijackers are not categorized to be dangerous themselves but they do behave in an unwanted way. For one, they alter browser’s settings so that their promoted pages are set as your homepages and new tabs. You’ll also have a different search engine and it may inject sponsored content into results. If you click on one of those result, you’ll be led to weird pages, whose owners are trying to earn money from traffic. You need to be careful with those reroutes since you might contaminate your OS with malware if you were redirected to a malicious website. If you infected your computer with malware, the situation would be much worse. You might believe hijackers are beneficial plug-ins but the features that they offer can be found in proper add-ons, ones that won’t pose a threat to your device. Some hijackers are also known to collect certain type of information, like sites visited, so that they could make more personalized advertisements. That info might also fall into dubious third-party hands. If you want to avoid unpleasant outcomes, you should urgently remove Convertrz-search.com.
Download Removal Toolto remove Convertrz-search.com
What does it do
It is possible that you encountered the redirect virus unknowingly, during freeware installation. We don’t believe that you got it in any other way, as no one would install them knowing what they are. If users were more vigilant when they install software, these threats would not be authorized to spread so widely. Those items will be hidden when you install applications, and if you don’t pay attention, you’ll miss them, which means their installation will be permitted. Do not choose Default mode as they won’t permit you to deselect anything. Instead, pick Advanced or Custom mode since they will display the items and authorize you to deselect them. It’s suggested that you deselect all the items. And until you do, do not continue with the free software installation. Initially blocking the threat can save you a lot time because dealing with it later can be time-consuming and irritating. Review what sources you use to acquire your programs because by using dubious sites, you are risking getting your system infected with malicious software.
When a redirect virus installs, you’ll know soon after infection. Without having to get your authorization, it’ll perform modifications to your browser, setting your home web page, new tabs and search engine to a website its advertising. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be included in the list of browsers altered. The site will load every time you launch your browser, and this will continue until you remove Convertrz-search.com from your operating system. The browser redirect will reverse all changes you make so don’t waste time trying to modify the settings back to normal. There is also a possibility that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that every time you use the browser’s address bar, results would come not from the search engine you set but from the hijacker’s promoted one. Don’t press on the advertisement links which you will see among the results because you might be redirected. Website owners frequently employ browser hijackers to increase traffic and make more money, which is why reroutes are happening. More traffic helps pages as more users are likely to engage with the advertisements. If you click on those pages, you’ll be taken to totally unrelated websites, where you won’t find appropriate information. In some cases, they could appear legitimate, so for example if you were to inquire about ‘computer’, results leading to questionable sites may come up but you wouldn’t notice in the beginning. Be careful because some of those sites might even be malicious. Browser redirects also like to monitor peoples’ Internet usage, collecting certain data. The data may also be shared with various third-parties, who would use it for ad purposes. Or the redirect virus could use it to make more relevant sponsored results. While the infection won’t directly harm your computer, we still highly encourage you eliminate Convertrz-search.com. Since the hijacker will no longer be there to stop you, after you complete the process, ensure you change your browser’s settings.
How to terminate Convertrz-search.com
If you wish for your Internet surfing to go back to usual, you’ll have to erase Convertrz-search.com, and the sooner you do it, the better. There are two options when it comes to getting rid of this contamination, whether you opt for manual or automatic ought to depend on how much computer knowledge you posses. If you decide to proceed with the former, you will have to locate the threat yourself. If you have never dealt with this kind of infection before, below this article you’ll find guidelines to help you, we can assure you that the process shouldn’t be difficult, although it may rather time-consuming. By following the detailed instructions thoroughly, you shouldn’t run into problems when getting rid of it. It should not be the first option for those who do not have much experience with computers, however. You could acquire anti-spyware software and have do everything for you. If it discovers the threat, have it dispose of it. You may now try modifying browser’s settings, if you are successful, it means you terminated the infection. If the site still loads as your homepage even after you’ve modified it, the browser hijacker was not entirely eliminated and was able to recover. If you actually pay attention when you install programs, you ought to be able to avoid these types of threats in the future. In order to have a clean system, good habits are necessary.Download Removal Toolto remove Convertrz-search.com
Learn how to remove Convertrz-search.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Convertrz-search.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Convertrz-search.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Convertrz-search.com from Windows?
a) Remove Convertrz-search.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Convertrz-search.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Convertrz-search.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Convertrz-search.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Convertrz-search.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Convertrz-search.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Convertrz-search.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Convertrz-search.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Convertrz-search.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Convertrz-search.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Convertrz-search.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Convertrz-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Convertrz-search.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Convertrz-search.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Convertrz-search.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Convertrz-search.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.