What is a hijacker
ConvertItSearch is a hijacker that probably entered your operating system through freeware packages. You must have installed some kind of freeware recently, and it came along with a browser hijacker. These unwanted programs are why you ought to pay attention to how you install programs. While browser hijackers are not regarded as harmful themselves, their actions are somewhat suspicious. You will notice that instead of the normal home web page and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. It will modify your search engine, which might insert advertisement content among the real results. This is done so that the redirect virus might redirect you to sponsored sites, and the site owners can earn revenue from traffic and adverts. Some hijacker are able to reroute to infected sites so unless you wish to get your computer infected with malicious program, you ought to be cautious. And would bring about much more harm compared to this threat. You may find the redirect virus’s supplied features handy but you need to know that they may be found in proper add-ons as well, which don’t endanger your operating system. More customized content will also start appearing, and if you are wondering why, the hijacker is following what your browse, so that it can know about your interests. The data might also be shared with third-parties. Therefore, you are recommended to uninstall ConvertItSearch, before it can do any damage.
Download Removal Toolto remove ConvertItSearch
How does it behave
It is a known fact that hijackers travel along with freeware packages. They’re unneeded and somewhat invasive infections, so we doubt anyone would install them otherwise. Because people do not pay attention to software installation processes, this method permits browser hijackers and similar infections to be distributed. You have to pay attention because offers are concealed, and you not seeing them is like permitting them to install. Don’t opt Default settings as they’ll not show anything. Advanced (Custom) settings, on the other hand, will display you those offers. Unless you wish to deal with persistent unknown programs, unchecking every item that appears. You ought to only continue installing the program after you have unchecked everything. Stopping the threat from the very beginning can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later might be time-consuming and irritating. We also suggest not downloading from dubious sources as you could easily get malware this way.
Redirect virus infections are very noticeable, even by non computer-savvy people. Your search engine, new tabs and home website will be different, and the redirect virus won’t ask your specific consent before carrying out those modifications. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers altered. And until you eliminate ConvertItSearch from the machine, the site will greet you every time you open your browser. Modifying the settings back would a waste of time as the redirect virus will alter them again. Hijackers also alter default search engines, so do not be shocked if when you look for something through browser address bar, a weird web page will load. You will happen upon advertisement links injected in the results, seeing as the reason behind a hijacker’s existence is to redirect to certain pages. The hijackers will redirect you because they intend to aid page owners earn more profit, and with more traffic, more ad revenue is earned. After all, increased traffic means there are more people who are likely to click on advertisements, meaning more money. If you click on those sites, you will quickly notice that they have nothing to do with what you were searching for. In certain cases, they might appear to be legitimate, so if you were to inquire about for something somewhat vague, like ‘anti-malware’ or ‘computer’, results redirecting to suspicious web pages might come up but you wouldn’t know initially. Hijackers do not analyze those web pages for malware, thus you could be led to a page that would launch a malicious software download onto your device. You should also know that these types of threats spy on you in order to acquire data about what you click on, what pages you visit, your search queries and so on. The collected info could be used to make advertisements that are more customized to the user, if it is shared with unknown parties. The data might also be used by the redirect virus for the purposes of customizing sponsored results so that you’re more prone to clicking on it. Erase ConvertItSearch, and if you’re still thinking about leaving it, consider all the reasons why we suggest this. Don’t forget to alter your browser’s settings back to usual after you’ve carried out the process.
Ways to terminate ConvertItSearch
Even if it’s not the most serious malicious software infection, but it can still bring about trouble, so if you simply delete ConvertItSearch you should be able to restore everything back to normal. Termination may be done either manually or automatically. You’ll have to identify the browser hijacker yourself if you pick the former method. While it’s not complicated to do, it might take a bit of time, but guidelines to help you will be provided. By following the instructions, you shouldn’t have issues with getting rid of it. It might not be the best option for those who do not have much experience with computers, however. The other alternative is to acquire spyware elimination software and have it get rid of the infection for you. This kind of software is created to eliminate threats such as this, so there should be no problems. Attempt to change your browser’s settings, if you succeed, the threat should be gone completely. The infection is still present on your computer if your browser loads the same website. If you actually pay attention when installing programs, you ought to be able to avoid these types of infections in the future. If you develop decent computer habits now, you will be thankful later.Download Removal Toolto remove ConvertItSearch
Learn how to remove ConvertItSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete ConvertItSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove ConvertItSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete ConvertItSearch from Windows?
a) Remove ConvertItSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on ConvertItSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall ConvertItSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select ConvertItSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete ConvertItSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select ConvertItSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove ConvertItSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including ConvertItSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove ConvertItSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase ConvertItSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase ConvertItSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate ConvertItSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate ConvertItSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete ConvertItSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate ConvertItSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove ConvertItSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.