Coldsearch.com Removal Guide
Coldsearch.com falls into the category of browser hijackers, because its main symptom is browser settings modification. It can change your new tab, home page and default search engine without your permission. There are other symptoms that you will also notice after the infiltration.
The hijacker will flood you with ads, cause redirects, negatively affect your online surfing speed, and more. The aim of the unwanted program is to boost web traffic. It does not benefit computer users at all. We advise that you erase Coldsearch.com without hesitation and thus better your Internet security level.
Where does Coldsearch.com come from?
Coldsearch.com spreads via free software bundles that are hosted on pages like soft32.com, filewin.com, cnet.com, and similar. When you download freeware from these sites, it comes with additional offers. These offers usually promote browser hijackers, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. It is important that you make sure that you never agree to adding them. This can be done if you choose Advanced or Custom mode of freeware installation and deselect all components that are optional and unfamiliar to you. Do not trust the descriptions of potentially unwanted programs. We assure you they are not nearly as useful as they claim to be.
How does Coldsearch.com work?
Coldsearch.com takes several actions after it infiltrates your system. First, it alters your home page, new tab, and default search provider replacing them with Coldsearch.com. Although this site may not differ much from other search pages visually, it cannot be trusted. If you see any ads on it, do not click on them. The same advice goes for the search results that you will be shown if you make use of your new search engine. Some of the results will be sponsored. If you click on them, you may end up on unsafe websites.
You should also keep in mind that the hijacker is capable of adding unreliable commercials to other sites that you open as well and cause random redirects in the middle of your sessions. That is why it would be best to avoid all ads until you delete Coldsearch.com. Some of these ads will appear to be especially useful as they will be based on your browsing history. You should not be mislead by this, because the adverts can still be fake. Also, you should know that the hijacker can sell the data about what pages you visit, what you search for online, which ads you click on, etc. to third parties. If you are not comfortable with that, you should terminate Coldsearch.com without delay.
How to remove Coldsearch.com?
As you can see, you have more than enough reasons to want the hijacker gone. It exposes you to unnecessary Internet security-related risks and slows down your browsing speed. The unwanted application that enters your computer together with the hijacker may also cause computer performance issues. The sooner you get rid of Coldsearch.com, the sooner you can eliminate all of these symptoms.
You can remove Coldsearch.com from your browsers in one of two ways: manually or automatically. Manual removal means that you will have to delete the hijacker’s related program and restore your browser settings yourself. If you need further assistance with these tasks, you can follow the instructions presented below the article. If, however, you choose to go with automatic Coldsearch.com removal instead, you will have to download and install the anti-malware tool from our page. It will scan your system,detect all potential threats and terminate Coldsearch.com along with them. In addition to Coldsearch.com removal, the utility will also help you make sure that your PC stays safeguarded in the future as one of its features is real-time online protection.
- Right-click on the lower left corner of the desktop
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick Coldsearch.com related software
- Click Uninstall
Windows 7 and Vista/Windows XP
- Access Control Panel via Start menu
- Select Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
- Choose Coldsearch.com related application
- Click Uninstall/Remove
Uninstall Coldsearch.com from browsers
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to Gear icon and open Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete all unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, erase xxx and set a new search engine
- Click on the menu (top right corner) and choose Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete all unwanted extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, alter your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Coldsearch.com and pick a new provider
- Click on Chrome menu, select More tools and go to Extensions
- Remove all unwanted extensions
- Click on Settings (below Extensions)
- Choose Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup
- Click on Set pages and set your new home page
- Click on Manage search engines under Search
- Set a new default search engine and delete Coldsearch.com
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.