About browser hijackers
Checkaccusefriends.info redirect virus may be to blame for the alterations performed to your browser, and it might have infected via free software packages. The infection was most likely attached to a free software as an extra offer, and since you didn’t uncheck it, it installed. These types of threats are why you need to pay attention to what type of software you install, and how you do it. Checkaccusefriends.info isn’t a high-level threat but its behavior will get on your nerves. Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be altered, and a different site will load instead of your usual page. Your search engine will also be changed into one that may be able to manipulate search results and insert sponsored links into them. You’re redirected because the hijacker aims to generate traffic for some web pages, and in turn, earn revenue for owners. It should be noted that if a reroute to a malicious site happens, you can easily get your system infected with a malware. The malicious program contamination isn’t something you want to deal with as it could bring about serious damage. Browser hijackers like to pretend they have beneficial features but you can find reliable add-ons doing the same thing, which will not redirect you to weird malicious program. You’ll not always see this but browser redirects are tracking your activity and gathering information so that more personalized sponsored content could be made. That data could also end up in dubious third-party hands. Therefore, eliminate Checkaccusefriends.info, before it can affect your system more severely.
Download Removal Toolto remove Checkaccusefriends.info
How does it behave
Redirect viruses are commonly attached to freeware as extra items. It’s doubtful that people would pick to install them willingly, so freeware packages is the most feasible method. This method is effective because users do not pay attention during software installations, as in they rush and do not read the information that is given. The items are hiding and by rushing you loose all chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means they’ll be permitted to install. Choosing Default settings would be a mistake since they will not permit you to uncheck anything. Choose Advanced or Custom mode when you are installing something, and you will see the extra items. If you do not want to deal with persistent unknown software, ensure you always uncheck the items. After you deselect all the items, you may continue with the free application installation. We don’t think you want to be wasting time attempting to deal with it, so it would be best if you blocked the threat initially. You ought to also stop downloading from questionable pages, and instead, opt for official/legitimate sites/stores.
Browser redirect infections are seen immediately, even by non computer-savvy people. You’ll see changes performed to your browsers, such as an unknown page set as your homepage/new tabs, and the redirect virus won’t request your specific permission before carrying out those changes. Leading browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will probably be altered. The web page will load every time you open your browser, and this will go on until you terminate Checkaccusefriends.info from your computer. Altering the settings back would a wild-goose chase since the hijacker will overrule them. If the redirect virus alters your search engine, every time you perform a search through browser’s address bar or the provided search box, you’d get suspicious results. Don’t press on the advertisement links which you will see among the results as you could be redirected. Hijackers are occasionally implemented by website owners to increase traffic and make more revenue, which is why you’re redirected. When more users interact with ads, owners are able to make more revenue. It’s often that those pages do not actually have anything to do with what you are were initially searching for. Some of the results may look real at first but if you are vigilant, you should be able to tell the difference. The reason you ought to be cautious is because certain websites may be damaging, which could result in a severe infection. Your browsing activity will also be overseen, with the aim of gathering data about what you’re interested in. The info could also be shared with unknown parties, and it could be used by parties with questionable intents. The info may also be used by the browser hijacker to make content that would interest you. While it isn’t exactly the most dangerous threat, we still highly suggest you eliminate Checkaccusefriends.info. And after the process is finished, there should not be problems with modifying browser’s settings.
How to uninstall Checkaccusefriends.info
Now that it’s clear how the threat is affecting your computer, it would best if you erase Checkaccusefriends.info. Termination can be carried out in two ways, by hand and automatically. If you choose the former, you’ll have to locate the contamination yourself. If you’ve never dealt with this type of thing before, we have placed guidelines below this article to aid you, we can promise you that the process shouldn’t be difficult, although it may rather time-consuming. By following the specific instructions carefully, you should not have issues with getting rid of it. It shouldn’t be the first option for those who have little experience with computers, however. You may acquire spyware elimination software and have it get rid of the threat for you. Anti-spyware software is made for the aim of eliminating such infections, so it should have no trouble dealing with it. You’ve successfully gotten rid of the infection if you can alter your browser’s settings without the browser hijacker meddling. If the page still loads as your home website even after you’ve modified it, you didn’t entirely terminate the threat. You may avoid these and similar threats in the future by installing programs carefully. Good tech habits can do a lot in keeping a system clean.Download Removal Toolto remove Checkaccusefriends.info
Learn how to remove Checkaccusefriends.info from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Checkaccusefriends.info from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Checkaccusefriends.info from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Checkaccusefriends.info from Windows?
a) Remove Checkaccusefriends.info related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Checkaccusefriends.info related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Checkaccusefriends.info related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Checkaccusefriends.info related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Checkaccusefriends.info related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Checkaccusefriends.info related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Checkaccusefriends.info from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Checkaccusefriends.info. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Checkaccusefriends.info from web browsers?
a) Erase Checkaccusefriends.info from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Checkaccusefriends.info and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Checkaccusefriends.info from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Checkaccusefriends.info
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Checkaccusefriends.info from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Checkaccusefriends.info and choose a new provider
d) Remove Checkaccusefriends.info from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.