Capricornus Ads Removal Guide
Capricornus Ads appear in your browsers, because Capricornus is an ad-supported application. Unfortunately, this application is much more complex and intrusive than the usual adware. It is similar to Jabuticaba, Canopus, Coronaborealis, Daugava, and some others.
The main objective of the program is to flood you with as many commercials as possible. The ads will appear on all pages that you open. You may also get rerouted to sponsor sites in the middle of your surfing. If you want to delete Capricornus Ads, you will have to uninstall the adware from your computer. This article will help you with that.
How does Capricornus work?
The reason we state that Capricornus differs from most other ad-supported programs is because they use a browser extension in order to generate the advertisements that you see online. Capricornus, on the other hand, modifies your DNS settings and affects your Windows Sockets API. After changing your Internet security settings, the application can insert any content into your browsers. Needless to say, some of this content will be unreliable. The program will expose you to fake updates and other online scams that may result in serious consequences. If you do not want to risk your computer’s safety, you should stay away from all advertisements until you terminate Capricornus Ads.Download Removal Toolto remove Capricornus Ads
If you are wondering how the ad-supported application got installed onto your computer, you should try to remember what software you have recently acquired. Free software usually arrives with additional programs. If you do not pay attention to its installation process, you agree to installing the additional programs without even realizing it. Make sure you do not make the same mistake again. Always pay attention to the installation process and decline all optional offers presented to you in the wizard. That way you will be able to install only the software that you actually need.
How to remove Capricornus Ads?
As it has already been mentioned, manual Capricornus Ads removal is quite tricky. That is why we advise that you go with automatic removal instead. You can download the anti-malware utility from our page and use it to scan your PC. The utility will detect all unwanted components and remove Capricornus Ads completely. Moreover, it will protect your computer from similar and more dangerous infections in the future. Still, if you choose to delete Capricornus Ads manually, you can use the instructions presented below the article. If you follow them carefully, you should not have any issues with the removal.
Capricornus Ads Removal
Step 1: Uninstall Capricornus from Windows
- Press Win+C and click on Settings
- Open Control Panel and select Uninstall a program
- Choose Capricornus and click Uninstall
Windows 7 and Vista/Windows XP
- Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
- Choose Capricornus and click Uninstall/Remove
Step 2: Restore your DNS settings
Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click Start and choose Control Panel
- Go to Network and Internet and open Network and Sharing Center
- Choose your connection type and select Properties (in the pop-up box)
- Mark Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and choose Properties
- Click Obtain DNS server address automatically and click OK
- Click OK to save changes and exit
- Click on Start and open Control Panel
- Move to Network Connections
- Right-click on the active connection
- Choose Properties
- Select Internet Protocol in the pop-up box
- Click Properties
- Choose Obtain DNS Server automatically
- Click OK to save changes
Step 3: Reset Winsock
- Tap Win+R to open Run
- Type in “cmd” and click OK
- Input “netsh winsock reset” and press Enter
- Close the Command Prompt
Step 4: Restore dnsapi.dll
- Press Win+R to open Run
- Type in “cmd” and click OK
- Input “sfc /scanfile=C:\Windows\system32\dnsapi.dll” (for 32-bit system)or “sfc /scanfile=C:\Windows\syswow64\dnsapi.dll” (for 64-bit system)
- Press Enter and close the Command Prompt
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.