What is a hijacker
AutoIncognitoSearch will change your browser’s settings which is why it is categorized as a hijacker. The threat was possibly attached to a free application as an additional offer, and because you did not untick it, it installed. If you want to prevent these types of frustrating threats, be careful about what kind of programs you install. While browser hijackers aren’t harmful infections themselves, their actions are quite questionable. You’ll notice that instead of the normal homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. What you will also notice is that your search is different, and it might insert advertisement links among the legitimate results. If you click on such a result, you’ll be redirected to strange sites, whose owners are attempting to make money from traffic. You should also know that if a redirect to a dangerous web page occurs, you can easily get a severe infection. If you got your system contaminated with malware, the situation would be much more dire. Redirect viruses like to pretend they have beneficial features but they’re easily replaceable with reliable add-ons, which will not cause weird redirects. You will not always be aware this but hijackers are following your browsing and collecting information so that more customized sponsored content may be made. That data might also end up in dubious third-party hands. So we really recommend you delete AutoIncognitoSearch as quickly as possible.
Download Removal Toolto remove AutoIncognitoSearch
What you need to know about these infections
It’s possible that you encountered the browser hijacker unintentionally, during free software installation. They’re obviously very invasive infections, so we doubt anyone would install them otherwise. If people were more attentive when they install applications, this method would not be as effective. You need to pay attention as offers tend to hide, and you not noticing them is like authorizing them to install. Choosing Default mode would be a mistake because they’ll not display anything. Deselecting those offers is essential, but they will only be visible in Advanced or Custom mode. It is suggested that you unmark all the items. All you have to do is uncheck the items that become visible, and you can then continue installing the freeware. Initially stopping the infections can save you a lot time because dealing with it later might be time-consuming and irritating. Review what sources you use to get your applications because by using untrustworthy sites, you are risking infecting your computer malware.
If a hijacker manages to install, we really doubt you would not see. Your home web page, new tabs and search engine would be set to a different site without your explicit permission, and that’s very hard to miss. All leading browsers will likely be affected, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The site will greet you every time your browser is opened, and this will continue until you uninstall AutoIncognitoSearch from your operating system. The redirect virus will keep nullifying the alterations back so don’t waste time attempting to change anything. If your search engine is changed, every time you search for something through browser’s address bar or the provided search box, you’d get questionable results. Since the threat is aiming to redirect you, be careful of advertisement links in the results. Hijackers are occasionally employed by page owners to boost traffic and make more income, which is why redirects are occurring. Increased traffic helps pages as more people are likely to engage with the advertisements. Those pages are generally quite obvious because they evidently will be unconnected to search query. Some of the results could seem valid in the beginning but if you pay attention, you should be able to differentiate them. You should also take into account that browser hijackers are capable of rerouting to harmful pages, ones concealing malware. Furthermore, the hijacker could also be monitoring your Internet browsing and collecting certain type of data about you. More relevant ads may be made using the collected information, if it is shared with unknown parties. Or the hijacker could use it to create sponsored results that are more customized. Make sure you delete AutoIncognitoSearch before more severe infections come your way. And after you complete the process, you should go alter your browser’s settings back.
Ways to remove AutoIncognitoSearch
Since you now are aware of what kind of infection you have to deal with, you may uninstall AutoIncognitoSearch. It is possible both by hand and automatically, and neither of which should cause too much trouble. By hand required you discovering where the reroute virus is hidden yourself. While it isn’t complex to do, it may take longer than you think, but guidelines to aid you will be provided. They should help you take care of the contamination, so follow them accordingly. If the guidelines are unclear, or if you are otherwise struggling with the process, choosing the other option would be best. In that case, obtain spyware elimination software, and take care of the infection using it. These kinds of programs are created to wipe out infections like this, so there should be no issues. You’ve successfully gotten rid of the infection if you are able to reverse the changes the hijacker executed to your browser. If the web page continues to load every time you launch your browser, even after you have changed your home website, you did not entirely erase the threat. It is pretty annoying dealing with these types of infections, so it’s best if you block their installation in the future, so pay attention when installing software. If you want to have an uncluttered computer, you have to have good computer habits.Download Removal Toolto remove AutoIncognitoSearch
Learn how to remove AutoIncognitoSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete AutoIncognitoSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove AutoIncognitoSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete AutoIncognitoSearch from Windows?
a) Remove AutoIncognitoSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on AutoIncognitoSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall AutoIncognitoSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select AutoIncognitoSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete AutoIncognitoSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select AutoIncognitoSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove AutoIncognitoSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including AutoIncognitoSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove AutoIncognitoSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase AutoIncognitoSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase AutoIncognitoSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate AutoIncognitoSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate AutoIncognitoSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete AutoIncognitoSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate AutoIncognitoSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove AutoIncognitoSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.