About this infection
AthenaSearch is a redirect virus that you might all of a sudden run into in your PC. Set up commonly happens by chance and many users are uncertain about how it happened. Browser intruders spread via freeware, and this is referred to as bundling. No need to worry about the hijacker directly harming your device as it’s not believed to be malware. It will, however, redirect to advertisement websites. Those portals will not always not dangerous so if you were to visit a hazardous page, you might end up infecting your PC with malware. It is not really handy to you, so keeping it is relatively silly. If you want to return to usual browsing, you ought to uninstall AthenaSearch.
Download Removal Toolto remove AthenaSearch
Hijacker spread ways
Freeware often travel with additional offers. It may have advertisement-supported programs, browser intruders and various not wanted utilities added to it. Those added offers could only be found in Advanced (Custom) mode so opt for those settings to avoid installing all types of not wanted rubbish. Advanced settings will show you if anything has been adjoined, and if there is, you will be able to deselect it. If you pick Default mode, you give those items authorization to set up automatically. If it entered your OS, abolish AthenaSearch.
Why should you eliminate AthenaSearch?
When a hijacker installs your machine, modifications will be carried out to your browser. You will notice that your home website, new tabs and search engine have been set to the portal the hijacker’s advertised site. It can affect all main browsers, like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. And unless you first eliminate AthenaSearch, you might not be able to reverse the setting alterations. A search engine will appear on your new homepage but we don’t suggest using it because it will insert advertisement content into the results, so as to redirect you. Browser hijackers want to generate as much traffic as possible for pages so that owners get profit, which is why those redirects are occurring. You will be rerouted to all kinds of odd portals, which makes hijackers awfully irritating deal with. While those reroutes are plenty aggravating they could also be somewhat damaging. You may come across malware during one of those reroutes, so the redirects are not always harmless. To block a much more serious contamination, eliminate AthenaSearch from your PC.
In order to remove AthenaSearch, you are suggested to use spyware uninstallation software. Going with manual AthenaSearch uninstallation means you will have to locate the browser intruder yourself. A guide will be presented to help you remove AthenaSearch in case you cannot find it.Download Removal Toolto remove AthenaSearch
Learn how to remove AthenaSearch from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete AthenaSearch from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove AthenaSearch from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete AthenaSearch from Windows?
a) Remove AthenaSearch related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on AthenaSearch related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall AthenaSearch related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select AthenaSearch related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete AthenaSearch related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select AthenaSearch related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove AthenaSearch from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including AthenaSearch. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove AthenaSearch from web browsers?
a) Erase AthenaSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase AthenaSearch and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate AthenaSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate AthenaSearch
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete AthenaSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate AthenaSearch and choose a new provider
d) Remove AthenaSearch from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.