What is ActivityConfig
ActivityConfig is regarded as a redirect virus, and it possibly is being spread through free programs. Freeware sometimes have some type of offers added, and when people don’t uncheck them, they are permitted to install. If you don’t want these kinds of threats inhabiting your PC, you ought to pay attention to what you install. Hijackers are quite low-level threats they do act in an unnecessary way. You’ll notice that instead of the website that is set as your homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. Your search engine will also be changed, and it could inject sponsored content among the legitimate results. Hijackers will redirect you to sponsored web pages so as to generate traffic for them, which permits their owners to make profit from ads. Do take into account that you can be redirected to contaminated websites, which could result in a malicious program infection. And you don’t want to have to deal with malware because it would be a much more severe. So that users find them handy, redirect viruses pretend to have helpful features but the reality is, you could easily replace them with proper add-ons which wouldn’t reroute you. Something else you should know is that some hijackers will track your activity and gather certain data in order to know what you are more likely to press on. It is possible that the info would be sold to third-parties too. Thus, delete ActivityConfig, before it could do any damage.
Download Removal Toolto remove ActivityConfig
How does ActivityConfig behave
You are probably not aware of this but hijackers usually come together with free software. You were probably just negligent, and you did not purposely install it. If users were more attentive when they install software, this method wouldn’t be so effective. The offers are hiding and if you rush, you have no chance of seeing them, and you not noticing them means their installation will be authorized. Don’t use Default mode as they do not permit you to uncheck anything. Ensure you always choose Advanced (Custom) mode, as the items will be visible only there. Ensure you uncheck all the items. And until you have done that, don’t continue with the freeware installation. Blocking the infection from the very beginning can save you a lot time because dealing with it later can be time-consuming and aggravating. In addition, you ought to be more cautious about where you get your programs from as questionable sources could bring a lot of trouble.
Redirect virus infections are seen at once, even by users who do not have much experience with computers. Without having to gain your authorization, it’ll perform changes to your browser, setting your home website, new tabs and search engine to a site its promoting. It’s likely that it will alter all of the popular browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And unless you first eliminate ActivityConfig from the operating system, the web page will load every time you open your browser. Modifying the settings back would a wild-goose chase because the hijacker will change them again. Browser redirects might also set you a different search engine, so it wouldn’t be surprising if when you look for something through browser address bar, a weird site will greet you. Do not press on the sponsored content which you will see among the results because you may be rerouted. Owners of certain pages intend to boost traffic to earn more profit, and they use hijackers to redirect you to them. With more visitors, it is more likely that the adverts will be interacted with, which makes money. You’ll be able to tell the difference between those and valid pages without trouble, primarily because they’ll not match your search inquiry. In some cases they could seem real in the beginning, if you were to search ‘virus’, websites promoting bogus security applications may come up, and they could seem real in the beginning. You ought to also take into account that redirect viruses could reroute to malware concealing web pages. In addition, the browser hijacker may follow your browsing and collect certain type of information about you. More customized ads may be created using the obtained data, if third-parties get access to it. The data is also likely used by the browser hijacker to make content that you are more inclined to click on. We’re sure that the reroute virus shouldn’t be permitted to remain on your operating system, so delete ActivityConfig. After the process is finished, you need to be allowed to modify the browser’s settings to what they were.
It is not the most serious malicious software infection, but it can still be pretty irritating, so terminate ActivityConfig and you should be able to restore everything back to normal. While you have two options when it comes to getting rid of the redirect virus, by hand and automatic, pick the one based on your experience with computers. Manual required you discovering the hijacker’s location yourself. The process itself shouldn’t be too difficult, although it could be more time-consuming than you might have initially thought, but you are welcome to make use of the guidelines presented below. They should help you take care of the contamination, so make sure you follow them properly. It might not be the best option for those who have no experience with computers, however. In that case, download spyware removal software, and take care of the infection using it. The program will scan your PC for the threat and when it finds it, you just have to give it authorization to dispose of the browser hijacker. If your browser allows you to alter the settings back, the reroute virus’s elimination process was a success, and it is no longer on your PC. If the hijacker’s website continues to appear, you must have missed something and did not completely get rid of the threat. If you take the time to install programs properly in the future, you will prevent these annoying situations in the future. In order to have a clean device, at least decent habits are necessary.Download Removal Toolto remove ActivityConfig
Learn how to remove ActivityConfig from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete ActivityConfig from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove ActivityConfig from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete ActivityConfig from Windows?
a) Remove ActivityConfig related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on ActivityConfig related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall ActivityConfig related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select ActivityConfig related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete ActivityConfig related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select ActivityConfig related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove ActivityConfig from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including ActivityConfig. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove ActivityConfig from web browsers?
a) Erase ActivityConfig from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase ActivityConfig and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate ActivityConfig from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate ActivityConfig
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete ActivityConfig from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate ActivityConfig and choose a new provider
d) Remove ActivityConfig from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.