About this threat
411search.net is is a redirect virus infection that can arrive into your OS without you knowing. It is able to do that because it’s adjoined to free software so that when users are setting up that free applications, they unwittingly authorize the browser hijacker to enter as well. Redirect viruses are not believed to be malevolent contaminations so no need to worry about it directly endangering your device. That doesn’t indicate, however, that it should be kept setup. It will change your net browser’s settings and will lead you to advertisement web page. You need to dodge those redirects as much as possible as you might end up on malware sites. Since it provides no beneficial traits you really ought to erase 411search.net.
Redirect virus distribution methods
Free software oftentimes comes with extra items, for example adware and hijackers. While those offers are optional, many users install them anyway because they make the mistake of picking Default mode during free software setup. Everything is hiding in Advanced or Custom settings so if you want to prevent unnecessary offers from uninstalling, make sure you opt for those settings. You need to be careful because a quite large amount of items is added to freeware. Those offers could be entirely harmless, but they can also bring about severe malware contaminations. You are strongly encouraged to delete 411search.net.
Why should I terminate 411search.net
Your browser’s settings will be adjusted once it enters your device. When you open your net browser (be it Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) you will notice that your homepage and new tabs have been altered to load the hijacker’s advertised website. It will be apparent rather quickly that you can’t adjust the settings back without first having to remove 411search.net. Your new homepage appears very plain, it will have a couple adverts flashing around and a search engine. You should know that the search tool you are provided can implant sponsored links into the search results. Be aware that you may end up getting some kind of malware if you were to get routed to questionable sites by the search tool. So if you want this not to occur, uninstall 411search.net from your OS.
You can try manual 411search.net uninstallation, just take into consideration that you will have to find the hijacker by yourself. You could also implement professional uninstallation applications to eradicate 411search.net and it may be the easiest way as it will do everything for you. Whichever method you use, ensure that you uninstall the hijacker entirely.
Learn how to remove 411search.net from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete 411search.net from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove 411search.net from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete 411search.net from Windows?
a) Remove 411search.net related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on 411search.net related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall 411search.net related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select 411search.net related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete 411search.net related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select 411search.net related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove 411search.net from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including 411search.net. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove 411search.net from web browsers?
a) Erase 411search.net from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase 411search.net and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate 411search.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate 411search.net
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete 411search.net from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate 411search.net and choose a new provider
d) Remove 411search.net from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.