What is Istartpageing.com?
Istartpageing.com is a browser hijacker that is promoted as a search tool that can provide you with the best search results collected from leading search portals. Unfortunately, that is not the case. The hijacker does not improve your online browsing experience in any way, because that is not what it is aimed at. The main purpose of the application is to boost Web traffic, which is achieved by various tactics including browser settings modifications, redirects, and advertisements. The hijacker disrupts and slows down your online surfing. It also exposes you to unreliable commercial data. We suggest that you terminate Istartpageing.com without hesitation.
How does Istartpageing.com work?
Istartpageing.com belongs to a family of hijackers called Elex and works in a similar manner to other members of the group such as Websearches.com, Qone8.com, StartSurf.com, and more. The hijacker gets distributed through freeware and shareware bundles. It is presented to you as an additional offer during the installation process. If you do not notice this offer, you agree to it automatically, which is most likely how you acquired the hijacker in the first place. In order to avoid similar situations in the future, you should be more attentive during free software installation and decline all additional offers presented to you no matter how useful they seem to be.Download Removal Toolto remove Istartpageing.com
As soon as the hijacker gets installed, it changes your home page and default search provider to Istartpageing.com. Your new tab page may be altered as well. Your new home page contains a search box, search parameters and links to License, Privacy, and About. It also has a button that allows you to switch to a different language. If you enter a query into the search box, you will get redirected to Google. Keep in mind, these results may be modified by the hijacker to include sponsored links. Commercial data will appear on other pages as well. If you want to get rid of it and return to normal online surfing, you should delete Istartpageing.com.
How to remove Istartpageing.com?
There are two ways you can get rid of Istartpageing.com. You can terminate the hijacker manually or automatically. We suggest that you go with automatic Istartpageing.com removal option, because it is more reliable. If you download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your system, you will detect all potential threats including the hijacker. You will then be able to erase Istartpageing.com automatically. The malware remover will also stay useful in the future as it will provide you with real-time online protection. Alternative solution is to delete Istartpageing.com manually. If you choose to go with this option, you will have to uninstall the application with which the hijacker has arrived and reset your browsers. Instructions presented below can help you with both of these tasks.
Manual Istartpageing.com removal guide
Terminate Istartpageing.com related program
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Move the mouse pointer to the lower-left corner of the screen
- Right-click and select Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Remove the unwanted application
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Vista/Windows XP
- Access Control Panel via Start menu
- Select Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
- Choose the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall/Remove
Eliminate Istartpageing.com from browsers
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and pick Manage Add-ons
- In Search Providers, remove Istartpageing.com
- Choose a new search engine and go to Toolbars and Extensions
- Terminate unwanted add-ons
- Press Alt+T and select Internet Options
- On the General tab, replace your home page and click OK
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox menu and click on Options
- On the General tab, change your home page
- Go to Search tab and erase Istartpageing.com
- Select your new search provider
- Click on the menu again and choose Add-ons
- Eliminate unwanted extensions
Remove from Google Chrome
- Click on the menu and select Settings
- Click Set pages under On Startup
- Change your home page and click OK
- In Search section, click Manage search engines
- Eliminate Istartpageing.com and pick a new provider
- Go to Extensions section (above Settings)
- Delete unwanted browser extensions
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.