Internet Explorer Redirect Virus Removal Guide
The virus described in this article has several names: IE Redirect Virus, Internet Explorer Redirect Virus, or Explorer Redirect Virus. It is put into the category of browser hijackers. This means that when you are under attack by this intruder, your default search provider, new tab window, and home page are changed into something different, that is, some suspicious website. It is done without your consent.
As it can be seen from the title, the browser hijacker can only attack Internet Explorer, but you should keep in mind that there are a lot more viruses out there that are compatible with other major browsers. You must remove IE Redirect Virus at once because this invader has some abilities that other browser hijackers lack.
Why is Internet Explorer Redirect Virus dangerous?
The browser hijacker can do a lot of browser modifications without your permission. It is known to install useless add-ons, extensions, and toolbars on its own. These modifications can result in huge infections. Furthermore, the hijacker works as adware and displays many ads on your browser. The advertisements rarely include discount offers: they often promote various fake system update warnings. Never click on similar ads: this can mean only trouble because you will be redirected to pages full of infections. Uninstall Internet Explorer Redirect Virus now because everything may only go downhill from here. Moreover, besides getting different home page and search provider, you may be redirected to weird webpages. The pages that the hijacker redirects you to are very threatening – that is, they are filled with dangerous ads and hyperlinks. If you do not delete Internet Explorer Redirect Virus in time, your PC may become quite unusable: slow downs, crashing, and freezing will become a part of your daily life. Erase Explorer Redirect Virus in order to prevent bad thing from happening.
Download Removal Toolto remove IE Redirect Virus
How did my computer get infected with Internet Explorer Redirect Virus?
Most often, such virus attacks come from the Internet. More specifically, bundled downloads, corrupted pages, and spam email attachments. If you do not want to uninstall Internet Explorer Redirect Virus and similar viruses anymore, you should take care of your online security first. Firstly, do not visit corrupted pages (these are often gaming, dating, or streaming sites). Secondly, never open any spam attachments (Trojan horses are often spread like this). Furthermore, consider not downloading pirate content from file sharing websites. Also, you should remember that you have to always choose Advanced/Custom mode of installation to avoid bundled PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
How to remove Internet Explorer Redirect Virus from my PC?
You can remove Internet Explorer Redirect Virus manually by following the steps that are given below this article. However, the instructions might be too complicated for people who do not know a lot about computers. For this reason, you should consider scanning your computer with a reputable security application. It should take care of Internet Explorer Redirect Virus removal.
Delete Internet Explorer Redirect Virus
Change proxy settings
Delete IE Redirect Virus from Internet Explorer
- Tap Alt+T and go to Internet Options.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- Press LAN settings.
- In Proxy Server, unmark the checkbox and click OK.
Uninstall IE Redirect Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Alt+T and press Options.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Press Network and go to Settings.
- Press Manual Proxy Configuration and write new information.
- Press OK.
- In the Options window, press OK.
Terminate IE Redirect Virus from Google Chrome
- Tap Alt+F and navigate to Settings.
- Press Show advanced settings.
- Press Network and click Change proxy settings.
- In the Connections, choose LAN settings.
- Uncheck the checkbox placed under Proxy server and enter new data.
Change TCP/IP settings
- Press Start and go to Control Panel.
- Choose Network Connections.
- Pick Local Area Connection.
- Press Properties.
- Choose Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and press Properties.
- Select the options Obtain an IP automatically and Obtain DNS server and dress automatically. Hit OK.
Windows Vista and 7
- Open the Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Press Network and Internet and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Navigate to the left side of the window and press Change adapter settings.
- Right-click the connection you would like to modify and choose Properties.
- Press Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and press Properties.
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
Modify Windows Host File
- Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc and open the file named Hosts in Notepad.
- The file must end with 127.0.0.1 localhost or ::1. Delete the additional lines if the file ends with something different.
Uninstall unwanted browser extensions
- Tap Alt+T and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Press Toolbars and Extensions and delete the unwanted ones.
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A and press Extensions.
- Delete the unwanted extensions.
- Tap Alt+F and navigate to Tools.
- Press Extensions.
- Delete the undesirable add-ons.
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.