About this threat in short
TheSilentSearch.com virus is a reroute virus believed to be a pretty minor contamination. A lot of users might be lost when they notice the browser intruder installed, as they don’t realize they installed it accidentally themselves. Try to recall whether you have recently installed some kind of a free application, as redirect viruses generally use program bundles to spread. No need to worry about the hijacker directly harming your device as it’s not believed to be dangerous. You will, however, experience regular reroutes to advertisement sites, since that is why they even exist. Those websites are not always secure so if you visited a unsecure website, you could end up contaminating your OS with malicious software. It is not advised to keep it as it is rather impractical to you. You must eliminate TheSilentSearch.com virus as it does not belong on your device.
Download Removal Toolto remove TheSilentSearch.com virus
What ways do redirect viruses use to contaminate
Some people may not be aware of the fact that free applications you get from the net has offers attached to it. It might be all sorts of offers, including adware, redirect viruses and other types of unnecessary tools. Those added items are hiding in Advanced or Custom settings so selecting those settings will aid to dodge browser intruder and other unnecessary offers set ups. Advanced settings will show you if anything has been attached, and if there is, you will be able to unmark it. If you select Default mode, you give those items authorization to install automatically. You should remove TheSilentSearch.com virus as it set up onto your machine uninvited.
Why must you eliminate TheSilentSearch.com virus?
You will quickly notice the modifications that it carried out to your browser’s settings as soon as you set up the browser intruder. Your browser’s home website, new tabs and search engine have been set to the portal the browser intruder’s advertised web page. It can affect most browsers you have set up, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Reversing the modifications may not be possible without you making sure to erase TheSilentSearch.com virus first. Your new homepage will have a search engine, which we don’t recommend using as it will expose you to plenty of sponsored results, so as to reroute you. Redirect viruses do this in order to to get revenue from additional traffic. You will quickly grow tired of the reroute virus because it will carry out regular redirects to strange pages. While those reroutes are plenty bothersome they can also be quite harmful. You could experience the ‘pleasure’ of happening upon malware when being redirected, so don’t expect the redirects to always be non-harmful. If you want this to not occur, delete TheSilentSearch.com virus from your system.
How to delete TheSilentSearch.com virus
Acquiring anti-spyware program and employing to terminate TheSilentSearch.com virus ought to be easiest as everything would be done for you. Going with manual TheSilentSearch.com virus uninstallation means you will have to find the browser intruder yourself. If you scroll down, you will notice instructions to help you erase TheSilentSearch.com virus.Download Removal Toolto remove TheSilentSearch.com virus
Learn how to remove TheSilentSearch.com virus from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete TheSilentSearch.com virus from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove TheSilentSearch.com virus from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete TheSilentSearch.com virus from Windows?
a) Remove TheSilentSearch.com virus related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on TheSilentSearch.com virus related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall TheSilentSearch.com virus related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select TheSilentSearch.com virus related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete TheSilentSearch.com virus related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select TheSilentSearch.com virus related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove TheSilentSearch.com virus from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including TheSilentSearch.com virus. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove TheSilentSearch.com virus from web browsers?
a) Erase TheSilentSearch.com virus from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase TheSilentSearch.com virus and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate TheSilentSearch.com virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate TheSilentSearch.com virus
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete TheSilentSearch.com virus from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate TheSilentSearch.com virus and choose a new provider
d) Remove TheSilentSearch.com virus from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.