What is Help recover files.txt?
Help recover files.txt is a name used to refer to a ransomware infection. The malicious program creates this text file after it encrypts your data. The purpose of corrupting your data is simple: the cyber crooks are trying to make easy profit. After they encrypt your files, you can no longer access them. You are then presented with the instructions on how to restore your files. These instructions include you having to pay the so-called ransom for them. Needless to say, we do not recommend allowing the cyber criminals to profit off of you. Instead, you should get rid of Help recover files.txt ransomware as soon as you can.
How does Help recover files.txt work?
Help recover files.txt is aimed at computer users living in Greece and the Balkans, however, it may infect PCs located in other countries as well. The parasite spreads through malicious email attachments, fake ads, corrupted links, and so on. Once it infiltrates your system, it starts encrypting files stored on your hard drives. The threat can affect your documents, photos, videos, and other important data. It corrupts your files using the RSA-2048 encryption algorithm. Afterwards, it creates a text file, which contains information on what happened to your files and how you can recover them.
The instructions state that you can decrypt your files by purchasing the private key, which costs 4 Bitcoins (about 1700USD). The ransomware also gives you a deadline, usually 96 hours, to complete the payment. It is clear that wasting so much money on something that may not even result in a positive outcomes is not wise. Especially considering the fact that there are other ways to restore your data. If you do not have your files backed up, you can try using Kaspersky decryption tool, R-Studio, Photorec, or a similar utility. Before you can do that, however, you have to terminate Help recover files.txt malware.
How to remove Help recover files.txt?
As it has already been mentioned, before you can move on to decrypting your files, you need to eliminate Help recover files.txt from your computer. You can do that by implementing a malware removal and prevention tool. If you download the anti-malware utility from our site, it will perform a full system scan and detect all malign components. It will then erase Help recover files.txt completely. In addition to Help recover files.txt removal, the security software will also eliminate other unwanted files and programs from your PC and ensure that it stays protected from other online parasites. In order to download the malware remover and delete Help recover files.txt, you will have to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. Instructions below can help you with that.
Help recover files.txt removal
- Press the Win+C to open the Charm Bar
- Select Settings and go to Change PC Settings
- Click General and move to Advanced Startup
- Click on Restart Now
- Select Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options
- Choose Startup Settings
- Click Restart and press F5
- Open your browser and download the utility
Windows 7 and Vista
- Reboot your computer
- Start tapping F8 once BIOS screen disappears
- Select Safe mode with Networking
- Press Enter
- Open your browser
- Download the anti-malware tool
- Follow Windows 7 steps from 1 to 3
- Press Enter and click YES
- Click on Start and open Run
- Type in msconfig and click OK
- On the Startup tab, click Disable all
- Click OK and restart your PC
- Open your browser
- Download the security software
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.