What kind of infection are you dealing with
hDocumentconverter.app will carry out modifications to your browser which is why it is classified as a redirect virus. The reason you have a hijacker on your OS is because you did not pay enough attention to see that it was added to some application that you installed. Similar infections are why it is crucial that you pay attention to how programs are installed. This is not a severe infection but because of its unwanted activity, you will want to get rid of it as soon as possible. example, you will find that your browser’s settings have been modified, and you new tabs and home website will be set to load a completely different website. Your search engine will also be modified into one that could inject advertisement links into results. This is done so that the redirect virus might redirect you to sponsored pages, and the site owners can earn money from traffic and adverts. Do take into account that you can be redirected to infected pages, which might result in severe infection. The malware infection is not something you want to deal with as it could bring about severe harm. You might consider redirect viruses beneficial but you can find the same features in trustworthy plug-ins, ones that won’t pose a threat to your PC. You won’t always see this but redirect viruses are following your browsing and gathering information so that more personalized sponsored content may be made. In addition, dubious third-parties might be granted access to that data. All of this is why you are encouraged to terminate hDocumentconverter.app.
Download Removal Toolto remove hDocumentconverter.app
What does it do
It’s a known fact that browser hijackers travel together free program bundles. It’s unlikely that you obtained it in any other way, as no one would install them knowing what they are. This method is effective because people are negligent, don’t read the information provided and are normally careless when installing applications. In order t0 prevent their installation, you have to uncheck them, but since they’re hidden, you may not notice them if you rush. Default settings will hide the offers, and if you still opt to use them, you might be risking installing all kinds of unfamiliar infections. Advanced (Custom) mode, on the other hand, will make the items visible. Unchecking all the boxes would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unnecessary installations. After you deselect all the offers, you can continue the free software installation. Having to deal with these threats can be troublesome so you would do yourself a great favor if you initially prevented them. Review what sources you use to get your programs because by using dubious sites, you risk infecting your machine with malicious programs.
Even if you aren’t the most computer-savvy person, you will notice when a hijacker is installed. Modifications to your browser will be carried out without authorization, mainly you’ll have a new homepage/new tabs, and your search engine could also be different. It’s probable that it’ll affect all of the popular browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And unless you first remove hDocumentconverter.app from the device, you will have to deal with the page loading every time your browser is opened. The hijacker will keep overruling the alterations back so there’s no use in wasting time attempting to change anything. It’s also likely that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar to search for something, results would be generated from the browser redirect’s set search engine. As the threat’s primary intention is to redirect you, it is possible you will happen upon sponsored content in the results. Those reroutes are happening because hijackers are helping certain site owners earn more profit from boosted traffic. After all, more traffic means more users on advertisements, meaning more profit. Frequently those web pages do not actually have anything to do with what you are were initially looking for. In certain cases, they might appear to be legitimate, so if you were to inquire about for something very ambiguous, like ‘anti-virus’ or ‘computer’, results leading to shady pages could come up but you wouldn’t notice initially. You might even be redirected to sites that hide malware. You should also know that hijackers are capable of spying on you in order to get info about what you press on, what web pages you enter, your search inquiries and so on. Some hijackers provide access to the data to third-parties, and it is used advertisements purposes. The info may also be used by the browser hijacker to create content that you’re more prone to clicking on. It is strongly advised that you eliminate hDocumentconverter.app, for all the above noted reasons. You should also modify your browser’s settings back to normal after the elimination process is complete.
Since you now realize what the infection is doing, remove hDocumentconverter.app. You have two options when it comes to getting rid of this threat, whether you choose by hand or automatic should depend on how much computer knowledge you have. If you choose the former, you will have to locate where the infection is concealed yourself. While the process might take more time than you expect, it should be pretty easy to do, and if you need assistance, we’ve presented guidelines below this report to help you. By following the instructions, you should not run into problems when getting rid of it. However, if this is your first time dealing with a redirect virus, this may not be the most suitable option for you. You may acquire spyware elimination software and have do everything for you. Those programs are created with the goal of eliminating threats like this, so there should be no problems. You may investigate whether you were successful by making changes to your browser’s settings, if your changes are not nullified, the contamination is gone. If you are still seeing the same web page even after you modify the settings, your PC is still infected by the browser hijacker. If you take care to install software properly in the future, you will prevent these aggravating situations in the future. If you possess good computer habits, you will be able to avoid a lot of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove hDocumentconverter.app
Learn how to remove hDocumentconverter.app from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete hDocumentconverter.app from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove hDocumentconverter.app from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete hDocumentconverter.app from Windows?
a) Remove hDocumentconverter.app related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on hDocumentconverter.app related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall hDocumentconverter.app related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select hDocumentconverter.app related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete hDocumentconverter.app related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select hDocumentconverter.app related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove hDocumentconverter.app from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including hDocumentconverter.app. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove hDocumentconverter.app from web browsers?
a) Erase hDocumentconverter.app from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase hDocumentconverter.app and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate hDocumentconverter.app from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate hDocumentconverter.app
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete hDocumentconverter.app from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate hDocumentconverter.app and choose a new provider
d) Remove hDocumentconverter.app from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.