Get-search.com Removal Instructions
Get-search.com is a web browser hijacker that can alter your preferences in all of your browsers. It affects all major browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and others.
The hijacker travels in free software bundles and usually enters computers without the user’s notice. It aims at generating online traffic and employs pay-per-click system. There is nothing beneficial about the hijacker for computer users as it only slows down their browsing and causes unnecessary distractions. We suggest that you terminate Get-search.com as soon as you can.
How does Get-search.com work?
Get-search.com works like most other programs of this type. It changes your browser setiings including your home page and default search provider right after it gets installed. The hijacker’s main page contains its logo and a search box. If you enter a query into the search box, you get rerouted to a results page that mostly consists of sponsored ads and links. We do not recommend clicking on these or any other ads that are brought to you by the so-called search engine. Keep in mind that its adverts can appear on all of your visited websites, so it would be best to avoid all commercial data until you delete Get-search.com altogether.Download Removal Toolto remove Get-Search.com
Although the browser hijacker is not a malicious threat, it can expose you to dangerous online content. It also disrupts your surfing by showing you unnecessary ads and redirecting you in the middle of your sessions. Moreover, because of the excess commercial data with which the hijacker fills your browsers, your online surfing speed considerably decreases. Your computer performance is affected negatively as well. If you want to eliminate all of these symptoms and continue browsing the Web safely, you should get rid of Get-search.com without further delay.
How to remove Get-search.com?
When it comes to Get-search.com removal, you can choose between two options: manual or automatic. If you decide to remove Get-search.com manually, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related program and modify your browser settings. Both of these tasks are described in more detail in the manual Get-search.com removal guide below the article. Alternative solution is to clean your PC with a powerful anti-malware tool and thus delete Get-search.com automatically. You can download the utility from our page and use it to scan your computer, detect all potential issues and eliminate them without any difficulty. The malware remover will also help you keep your system safe in the future by providing it with online protection at all times.
Windows 8/Windows 7 and Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner/Click on Start
- Choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program
- Select and uninstall the unwanted application
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted app and click Remove
Eliminate Get-search.com from browsers
- Open IE, tap Alt+X, and open Internet Options
- On the General tab, set your new home page
- Go back to the menu and click Manage add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, terminate unwanted add-ons
- Go to Search providers and delete Get-search.com
- Choose a new search engine
- Launch Mozilla and click the search engine icon
- Select Change Search Settings and erase Get-search.com
- Go to the General tab and overwrite your home page
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open Add-ons and pick Extensions
- Delete unwanted browser extensions
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Pick Settings and locate On startup section
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages
- Type in a new home page and click OK
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines
- Set a new search provider and erase Get-search.com
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.