You’ll be subjected to many adverts by FPVideo, as it’s categorized as adware. The adware is relatively minor by itself, compared to other infections, and is more annoying than dangerous. Despite it not doing any serious damage, the quicker it’s removed, the better. You could still be exposed to malicious content by adware, despite not being dangerous itself. Thus, if you discover adware infecting your device, do not interact with ads until FPVideo deletion.
There are plenty of users who don’t know how infections like adware manage to install unseen. Adware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs and similar threats are normally adjoined to freeware as additional offers. Using this method, the adware can install without you even noticing. You can easily stop these unwanted installations, and we’ll clarify how below.
How is adware installed
In most cases users do not install adware knowingly, it comes attached as an additional offer to free programs, and users are fooled into installing it. The way it is attached allows the adware to install without needing explicit permission from users. If something has been attached, it will be intentionally concealed in the beginning in order to guarantee it gets installed.
In order to prevent them from installing, first make the offers visible. When installing freeware, when presented with the option, select Advanced (Custom) settings. Advanced settings will show you if something has been attached, and you will have the choice to deselect all of them. In order to prevent junk from flooding your system, you have to uncheck all items.
Download Removal Toolto remove FPVideo
What does FPVideo do
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, as well as other browsers will be affected by this adware. You will instantly recognize adware’s presence because of all the advertisements you will be shown and the redirects to strange pages. Even if the adware itself is relatively harmless, the adverts and redirects it shows won’t necessarily be the same. You may be redirected to web pages that promote scam content or even malware.
It’s also not unusual for adware to display tech-support scams. Tech-support scams say that because there is a problem on your computer, calling the shown number is advised so that tech-support can fix it, only for the alleged tech-support to actually be scammers.
Adware also trails users in order to compile information about what websites users visit, search inquiries and what type of ads they press on. Information collected about you would be used for creating ads you’d be more inclined to click on.
The easiest method to uninstall FPVideo would be through anti-spyware software. If you go down, there will be instructions that will help you with manual FPVideo removal. If you successfully uninstall FPVideo, the decrease in advertisements will be very noticeable.Download Removal Toolto remove FPVideo
Learn how to remove FPVideo from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete FPVideo from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove FPVideo from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete FPVideo from Windows?
a) Remove FPVideo related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on FPVideo related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall FPVideo related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select FPVideo related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete FPVideo related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select FPVideo related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove FPVideo from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including FPVideo. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove FPVideo from web browsers?
a) Erase FPVideo from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase FPVideo and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate FPVideo from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate FPVideo
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete FPVideo from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate FPVideo and choose a new provider
d) Remove FPVideo from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.