How to remove Fast Start
Fast Start is classified as a potentially unwanted application that enters your PC with other programs of the same type. It acts as a browser extension and is only compatible with Mozilla Firefox. Another version of the program created specifically for Google Chrome is called Quick Start.
The creators of these add-ons are Moonlight Technology Ltd. Fast Start is supposed to provide you with a fast dial that helps you access your favorite website more quickly. This addition to your new tab may seem useful, however, you should know that the application is closely related to browser hijackers and other unwanted programs. We suggest that you delete Fast Start from your computer along with other suspicious software.
How does Fast Start work?
As it has already been mentioned, Fast Start gets distributed together with potentially unwanted applications. Although it has an official site, where it could be downloaded (lightningnewtab.com), it usually enters computers in freeware and shareware bundles. In most cases, computer users do not even notice agreeing to its installation. During the installation process, you are presented with pre-selected offers. If you do not notice and decline them, you allow unwanted applications to access your system. That is most likely how Fast Start ended up on your PC.
Fast Start may look like a beneficial tool, but it comes with other programs that are anything but that. The extension has been linked to such browser hijackers as Omiga-plus.com, Qone8.com, Istart123.com, Websearches.com, and others. The main symptom of these infections is the browser settings modifications. If your home page and default search engine have been suddenly replaced with one of the above-mentioned web addresses, you are dealing with a hijacker. This programs are aimed at web traffic generation, which means that they will flood you with adverts, reroute you to their sponsor sites, slow down your Internet connection speed, and cause other disruptions. Browser hijackers not only decrease the quality of your online surfing, but they also lower your cyber security level. You should delete the hijacker that has infiltrated your browsers and get rid of Fast Start as soon as you can.
How to remove Fast Start?
You will not be able to uninstall Fast Start via Control Panel, because it does not appear in the list of installed programs. However, you should still check this list and terminate all potentially unwanted applications that appear in it. As for Fast Start removal, you will have to eliminate it from your browser extensions. You may also want to restore your browser settings, in case they were modified by a hijacker. Manual Fast Start removal instructions are presented below the article. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware utility from our page and terminate Fast Start along with other potential threats automatically. The software will not only scan and clean your system, but it will also keep it safe and protected in the future.
Fast Start Removal
1) Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Move the cursor to the bottom right
- Click on Settings and go to Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Double-click the unwanted application
- Select Uninstall
Windows 7 and Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Access Control Panel via Start menu
- Select Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
- Choose the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall/Remove
2) Delete Fast Start from your browser
- Click on the menu and select Add-ons
- Go to the Extensions section
- Remove Fast Start
3) Restore your browser settings
- Click the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Select Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset and Close
- Press Alt+H to open Help menu
- Select Troubleshooting Information
- Click on Refresh Firefox
- Confirm it and click Finish
- Open Chrome menu and select Settings
- Click on Show Advanced Settings
- Click Reset settings and choose Reset
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.