About this infection
MusicBox Search Extension is your regular doubtful browser extension to adjoin to the already big list of akin infections. Contamination most commonly occurs when you install free programs in Default settings, and once it’s on your device, it will attach itself to your browser and change its’ settings. It can lead you to strange web pages and will expose you to plenty of advertisements. It will not bring anything helpful to you as its primary intent is to earn revenue. While it isn’t something that immediate risk to your device, it may still bring about danger. You can end up with a severe malware contamination if you were redirected to a infected site. You should really erase MusicBox Search Extension so that you do not jeopardize your operating system.
How did the add-on infect my device
To put in simply, these kinds of add-ons are distributed via freeware. By all means, you might also download them from browser stores or official websites as well. But usually, they come as extra offers that, unless you uncheck them, will install automatically alongside. They don’t even need to get your explicit consent to install as when you choose Default settings, you fundamentally authorize them to install. Only Advanced or Custom mode will authorize you to inspect for added items, so ensure you select those settings. If you note something being there, installation is easily avoidable by unmarking the boxes. If you are careless, you could expose your computer to possible risks, so take that into account. If you run into it on your computer, eliminate MusicBox Search Extension.
Why is MusicBox Search Extension removal necessary
The suspicious plug-ins are not actually helpful to you. They exist to make profit for web page owners and they are able to do that by leading you to their websites and exposing you to plenty of ads. The minute the add-on is authorized to install, it will proceed to adjust your browser’s settings so that your homepage is set to load its sponsored. Every time your browser is opened whether (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, you will be redirected to that page. And if you try to modify the settings back, the plug-in will stop you from doing it, which means you have to first delete MusicBox Search Extension. You may also see an unfamiliar toolbar and ads appearing all the time. These extensions are most frequently targeting Google Chrome users but that does not mean other browsers are fully safe. We don’t suggest using the extension as it can expose you to unsecure content. These add-ons aren’t considered to be malicious themselves, some might be able to bring about malware contaminations. You need remove MusicBox Search Extension if you wish to evade more trouble.
MusicBox Search Extension uninstallation
There are two probable ways to erase MusicBox Search Extension, by hand and automatic, and you should opt for the one that suits your computer abilities. If you go with automatic MusicBox Search Extension elimination, you will have to acquire some anti-spyware utility, which will take care of everything. If you want to eliminate MusicBox Search Extension by hand, a guide can be located below.
Learn how to remove MusicBox Search Extension from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete MusicBox Search Extension from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove MusicBox Search Extension from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete MusicBox Search Extension from Windows?
a) Remove MusicBox Search Extension related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on MusicBox Search Extension related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall MusicBox Search Extension related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select MusicBox Search Extension related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete MusicBox Search Extension related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select MusicBox Search Extension related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove MusicBox Search Extension from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including MusicBox Search Extension. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove MusicBox Search Extension from web browsers?
a) Erase MusicBox Search Extension from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase MusicBox Search Extension and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate MusicBox Search Extension from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate MusicBox Search Extension
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete MusicBox Search Extension from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate MusicBox Search Extension and choose a new provider
d) Remove MusicBox Search Extension from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.