About this hijacker
Searchpage.com is a weird browser hijacker that wants to create traffic. These types of unwanted browser intruders might take over your Internet browser and carry out unwanted changes to it. Whilst they do irritate quite a few users with unnecessary adjustments and questionable reroutes, browser intruders aren’t dangerous computer threats. They do not directly endanger your device but a user is more likely to come across harmful malicious software. Redirect viruses do not filter the pages they could lead users to, thus users can end up on a contaminated portal and have malware downloaded onto their computer. The dubious search tool will lead you to weird portals, so one ought to abolish Searchpage.com.
Why remove Searchpage.com?
The reason Searchpage.com has contaminated your machine is because you have set up freeware and missed extra offers. Likely unwanted applications, such as redirect viruses or ad-supported programs adjoined to it. They do not jeopardize one’s system, but they could be aggravating. Users might believe that selecting Default mode when installing freeware is the right option, when in fact that is simply not the case. Default settings will not inform one about any affixed items and they will set up automatically. Opt for Advanced or Custom setup mode if you wish to evade having to abolish Searchpage.com and akin. Just unmark the boxes of all adjoined items, then users can carry on with the installation like usual.
As the tittle implies, hijackers will take over your browser. It is no use investing effort into switching browsers. One may suddenly discover that Searchpage.com was set as your homepage and new tabs. These of changes were made without the consent of the user, and in order to recover the settings, you must firstly remove Searchpage.com and only then manually modify the settings. The supplied search bar will inject promoted content into the results. Hijackers are developed to redirect, thus do not hope for it to provide you real results. There is a chance that websites can route users to dangerous malware, and users must evade them. Since all the hijacker offers can be found somewhere else, we really believe that users need to delete Searchpage.com.
How to eliminate Searchpage.com
It could be fairly tricky to eliminate Searchpage.com, if you aren’t knowledgeable of its location. If one encounters difficulty, however, you should use a professional termination utility to delete this risk. Your browser issues regarding this contamination will be fixed after thorough Searchpage.com eradication.
Learn how to remove Searchpage.com from your computer
- Step 1. How to delete Searchpage.com from Windows?
- Step 2. How to remove Searchpage.com from web browsers?
- Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
Step 1. How to delete Searchpage.com from Windows?
a) Remove Searchpage.com related application from Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Click on Searchpage.com related software
- Click Remove
b) Uninstall Searchpage.com related program from Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Select Searchpage.com related application
- Click Uninstall
c) Delete Searchpage.com related application from Windows 8
- Press Win+C to open Charm bar
- Select Settings and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Searchpage.com related program
- Click Uninstall
d) Remove Searchpage.com from Mac OS X system
- Select Applications from the Go menu.
- In Application, you need to find all suspicious programs, including Searchpage.com. Right-click on them and select Move to Trash. You can also drag them to the Trash icon on your Dock.
Step 2. How to remove Searchpage.com from web browsers?
a) Erase Searchpage.com from Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and press Alt+X
- Click on Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Delete unwanted extensions
- Go to Search Providers
- Erase Searchpage.com and choose a new engine
- Press Alt+x once again and click on Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Click OK to save made changes
b) Eliminate Searchpage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla and click on the menu
- Select Add-ons and move to Extensions
- Choose and remove unwanted extensions
- Click on the menu again and select Options
- On the General tab replace your home page
- Go to Search tab and eliminate Searchpage.com
- Select your new default search provider
c) Delete Searchpage.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu
- Choose More Tools and go to Extensions
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Move to Settings (under Extensions)
- Click Set page in the On startup section
- Replace your home page
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Terminate Searchpage.com and choose a new provider
d) Remove Searchpage.com from Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Settings → Choose what to clear (located under the Clear browsing data option)
- Select everything you want to get rid of and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
- Find Microsoft Edge in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on it and select Go to details.
- Look for all Microsoft Edge related entries, right-click on them and select End Task.
Step 3. How to reset your web browsers?
a) Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your browser and click on the Gear icon
- Select Internet Options
- Move to Advanced tab and click Reset
- Enable Delete personal settings
- Click Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
b) Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla and open the menu
- Click on Help (the question mark)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Select Refresh Firefox
c) Reset Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the menu
- Choose Settings and click Show advanced settings
- Click on Reset settings
- Select Reset
d) Reset Safari
- Launch Safari browser
- Click on Safari settings (top-right corner)
- Select Reset Safari...
- A dialog with pre-selected items will pop-up
- Make sure that all items you need to delete are selected
- Click on Reset
- Safari will restart automatically
* SpyHunter scanner, published on this site, is intended to be used only as a detection tool. More info on SpyHunter. To use the removal functionality, you will need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter. If you wish to uninstall SpyHunter, click here.